24

We grabbed weapons. 1 machone gun, 2 pistols and free choice extras. Cato grabbed a couple more smaller guns putting them in his pack with more then enough ammo.

I did the same, just having the 3 guns, I also grabbed an array of knives, I looked everything else over. My eyes wondered to Octavia getting her bow from Beetee. I walk over, " Is there any more bows?" I ask the man from 3.

He fixes his glasses looking up at me almost a bit surprised I'm talking to him, I don't think I've talked to him in my life, not even in the last games. " Why, yes. Give me a moment." He gives a small nod to the group of three from 12 before wheeling off into a walk in vault.

" The hell do you need a bow for?" Gale asks.

" Oh.. I want the arrows to use to pick my teeth." I say simply giving him a smile. " The hell would I use a bow for Hawthorne?"

He glares, " You already have guns, and your 20 knives I saw you packing."

I cross my arms, " She has guns as well, why can she have a bow and I can't?" I tilt my head in Octavia's direction raising a brow. " And you have a crossbow plus your guns."

I take a step towards him, " You and I both should know if those guns get wet for some reason their useless. And I don't know about you... but I sure as hell don't want to die in the damned city. And I know you want to keep your little princess safe and alive... even if she's happy with someone we know she shouldn't be with."

Gale's face reddens as he sends daggers at me then at Octavia who just reached River, he grins saying something to her as he tucks a couple strands of loose hairs behind her ear. " Right?" I question.

" Just make sure those knives and arrows only aim at mutts or Peacekeepers." He grits.

" Or River Odair." I smirk, this pauses him just for a second before he chuffs walking away from me. " Here is.. a bow." Beetee announces having a matte black bow and quiver in his lap. " The bow and arrows, Black tipped is normal, Red is fire, and Orange is explosive. Their labeled if you forget and the black ones are reuseable. The others..well.."

I give the older man a small smile, " Thank you, I appreciate it. And.." I stop myself, his bright eyes look at me curiously, I swallow " I never apologized. In... the games...and your friend..Wiress."

His face softens, " We were all trying to survive, that's why we're here right? To make sure no one else needs to do that."

I nod, " Yes..yea, ofcourse..thank you Beetee."

He gives a small smile, " Good luck out there and use this well." He hands me the bow and quiver. I take them giving one final look going back to Cato, he looks it over " Your definitely prepared to kick some ass."

" Figure I'll need to cover you ass sometime."

He leans forward just a bit, " You sure it won't be me covering you?"

I smirk, " For certain."

He hums, " I guess we'll see. You ready to load?"

I nod, he takes my gin for me as I sling my bow and quiver over myself as we walk to the hovercraft. It's smaller then most of them, we sit Cato putting me by the wall so he could sit on this other side of me. Slowly, one by one everyone else loaded still being quiet, all taking in this is happening.

" Scoot down one Hadley I want to sit by Kaylaya." Priya says standing infront of us.

He squints, " I prefer to sit by her thanks."

" But Archer wants to sit by you. And I'll have no one to talk to."

" Sucks."

" Cato.." I mutter.

" I'm staying here." He says stubbornly.

" How about... Archer sits here, then you, then me, then Pri. Will that work?"

" Kentwell, your annoying as hell." Cato mumbles getting up so we can all switch. " You love me Hadley." Pri says in a happy tone only to annoy him some more. He rolls his eyes talking to Archer as we get seated.

" How serious do you think River and Octavia are?" Pri whispers to me, I see they just walked in. They go sit by Finnick and the three extras from 13, and camera crew. Evie and gale come closer to us in the middle talking to the Command Boggs and Zane.

" I thought her and Hawthorne were something... I guess she likes options." I whisper.

The door closes, now Boggs and Zane stand. " The day is here Star Squad. Today marks history, we finally will make our way to defeating the tyranny that's been on us for the past 79 years. So.. here's the plan.."

Boggs and Zane take turns explaining, we're going to the far outskirts of the Capitol to take underground tunnels into the center of it... I guess it's safer that way, more soldiers will be there once we arrive, they took it about a week ago.

As I listen I get the tightness in my stomach again, last time I was there I was hijacked, imprisoned, and wasn't sure who I was. I shake my head ever so slightly getting that image out of my head. Soon I see Cato's hand brushing my inner thigh giving it a squeeze as he listens to his dad and Boggs.

I move his hand into mine holding it like it's my lifeline to keep in sane in this moment. The ride seemed short, maybe 3 hours in total? It lands is a blown up field, down below I see the specks of soldiers and fires as we descend. I grab my pack, attatchig my quiver to it so I can carry my gun and bow with ease as we walk out.

Cato stays almost glued to me as we walk out, " We stay here for the night, then trek further into the Capitol tomorrow morning." Boggs says to the group, our squad was assigned a small square of space to pitch a tent for the night before our travels.

Once we're all settled Cressida and her crew finds some of us to do small shoots or us destroying things that don't matter, just as effect so they can scare more of the Capitol into submission.