Chapter 4

~Vanessa~

I sat down beside Christine, refusing to look at Veloces. I knew he was my mate, but I wasn't as excited as my wolf was. He's abusive and cruel, I don't want a mate like him. If he pulls me aside for a private conversation then I'm going to reject him. I could careless that I'm being a bitch, he already killed his first mate, why wouldn't he kill me?

I was happy for Christine though, she found her mate! The Beta kept glancing at her, smirking whenever she blushed and looked away. Dinner went on quietly, my father made small talk with Alpha Veloces. He carefully dodged the main topic until desert was over, knowing he needed to take any knives away from him. Even so, I don't think Veloces needs a weapon to kill someone.

"So, Alpha Jeremy told you I've been attacking his patrols?" Veloces asked, his voice suddenly cold.

I swallowed, waiting for my father's answer. "Yes, he told me." my father replied calmly.

Veloces let out a bemused laugh, "Oh, you're a fool for believing him. He's only telling you half of the story. Yes, I've sent wolves to attack his patrols, but that is what he gets for trespassing onto my territory. Him and his wolves do not belong there." he spat.

"If I may ask, why is he entering your territory?" I asked, wanting to know.

Veloces flicked his gaze over to me, tilting his head as a smirk appeared on his face. "Curious little she-wolf, aren't you?" he asked.

I sighed, "Yes, but also one who's simply trying to figure out the true story here. I had to leave my home town to come here to help him, trust me, I wasnt thrilled. I'm still not."

"But you met your mate."

I froze at his statement, he's kidding, right? My father raised an eyebrow, "Is this true, Vanessa?" he questioned.

I glared at Veloces before forcing a smile, "Yes, it's true."

"Who?" My mother asked, excitement dancing in her eyes.

I folded my arms over my chest stubbornly, "I'm not telling. Not like I'm going to ever see him again. Except for when we help Alpha Jeremy." I growled, looking at Veloces.

Anger sparkled in his eyes before he put on a smirk, "Oh, you'll be moving in with him, my dear Vanessa."

"Who is he?" Ryan asked, looking at Veloces now. Knowing he wouldn't get the answer from me.

"Don't you dare." I mouthed at a Veloces who had a smug smile on his face.

"Me." he stated.

I'm going to kill him.

They all blanched, looking between my glare and his smirk. I clenched my jaw, "Well, I won't be. If I reject you, then you can't make me come with you."

Sorrow crossed his eyes as I mentioned rejection, but he swiftly put on an amused gaze. How is it that he went from sorrow to amusement in .02 seconds?

He chuckled, "Oh, my little mate, that won't happen. See, I would have to accept it, now wouldn't I? Plus, I'm an Alpha, I can force you to come with me."

"News flash, Mr. Alpha, I'm an Alpha as well." I snapped.

"Good, then we should come to an understanding."

"Right." I scoffed. "I'll give you one fact about myself, I'm very stubborn."

I smirked and leaned back in my chair, now way is he taking me.

....few moments later....

"PUT ME DOWN YOU ASS!" I snarled as I punched Veloces on his back.

"I'll make sure your daughter stays sage, Alpha Blake." Veloces called from the car, throwing me onto the back seat.

I glared at him, "Oh, nice start. Throwing your mate-

...and he slammed the door shut. Well, screw you too. Oh, can't you tell we're just in love? He hopped into the passenger seat while his Beta sat beside me. Luckily for Christine, her mate said she can take as long as she wants to spend time with her family. I was relieved when she said he could pick her up tomorrow afternoon. At least I'll know someone in his pack.

The car ride home was silent and awkward, Veloces completely changed. He was cold, distant, and anger just radiated off of him. I felt slight fear spark within me at the thought of him abusing me, but I'm an Alpha. I won't show him if it bothers me. When we finally arrived at his pack house, he opened his door and walked to mine. He yanked my door open, giving me a look that dared me to try something.

I huffed as I climbed out of the car and followed him in. I rolled my eyes, he's probably one of those Alphas that cheat on their mate just because she's stubborn and doesn't want him. Yet, he just can't let her go for some odd reason. I followed him silently into the house and up the stairs, we walked through many halls before stopping at a large oak door.

He turned around, "Listen here, pup. You'll be sharing a room with me, no argument or you'll be punished, got it?" he snarled.

I nodded, glaring at him. "Got it, Alpha Ass."

He pursed his lips, "And no calling me that. It's Veloces."

"Oh, so you're going to allow me to call you by your name?" I taunted, oh I'm such a bitch.

Hey, I'm a female werewolf though, technically I'm a bitch.

"No, Alpha Veloces, darling." he growled before yanking me by my arm.

I winced as he easily pulled my arm out of its socket, already I'm getting hurt. I glowered at him, I'll never feel any love for this monster. I just know it. I hate him.

He threw me onto the bed and closed the door, he then turned and stared at me. "Go to bed." he ordered.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, "I'm a girl, I have things to do before bed."

"Like?"

"Shower, get changed...hello, have you ever had a woman in your life?"

I must of hit a soft spot because his emotionless facade faltered a bit, guilt clouding his eyes. He then become cold again, "Yes, my mother. She never did any of this though."

I shrugged, "Every girl is different."

"Clearly."

I grabbed my pjs from my bag and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. Oh yeah, I hate him.

Author's note: Pic of Veloces up top. Don't worry, I might change it so someone else can play him. Suggestions?