Chapter 21 part 2

~Veloces~

I winced, the sound of growls and screaming slicing through my ears. I tried opening my eyes, but they wouldn't budge at all. Growls echoed around me, along with cussing and the sound of bones shifting. Are people shifting inside? Why would they shift in such a tiny place? I mean, our butts would be in everyone's face.

"Make sure they don't get to Veloces' room! Our Luna would have our head!" someone ordered.

Well, demanding much? Wait a second, my room? This bed does not feel like my bed, I swear if Vanessa switched my bed-

"No, Vanessa is fighting against Alpha Jeremy's army in the field. Along with the others and two other packs."

What? I tried again and this time my eyes snapped open, I groaned as the light burned them for a second. Once my eyes adjusted to the light I grabbed whatever was on my face and ripped it off. I studied it, an oxygen mask? Then it all came rushing back, the torture, Vanessa's hand holding mine and her crying. My heart hurt as I remembered her voice sounding so lost and scared. Her guilt was laced through every single word she spoke.

I looked around the room, growling when I saw one of my warriors being thrown against the glass. A dark brown wolf with yellow eyes was about to jump on him when another warrior tackled him down. I tore the IVs out of my arm and ripped the heart monitor stuff off before getting out of the hospital bed. I searched the room for some clothes; going out to save my mate with my ass hanging out of a hospital gown probably isn't the best way to do it. If I want to be intimidating at least. I groaned, of course my clothes wouldn't be here.

I poked my head out of the room, shocked by the trashed hall. I kept scanning the area until I found a nurse or doctor or whatever huddling behind a desk.

"Psst." I whispered.

She snapped her eyes over to me, furrowing her eyebrows. "I need some clothes...uh...could you grab some?" I asked.

She nodded, "Size?" she whispered back.

"A small in basketball shorts, and boxers, get the ones that fit everyone. I don't need a shirt."

She scurried off, hiding from any attacking wolf. I waited patiently there, just watching as my warrior fought against a wolf with another warrior helping him. The she-wolf came back and handed me the clothes. I thanked her and closed the door, I turned around to change. I threw on the boxers and shorts then yanked the door open. I ran over to where the two were fighting against the brown wolf, without breaking a sweat I snapped is neck. Both looked at me in complete shock.

"What the hell is going on? Why is my mate fighting Alpha Jeremy?" I demanded, scared for my beautiful Luna.

My warrior, Alex, shifted back. "Alpha Jeremy and Crudelis attacked us a few hours ago. You were in a coma so the Luna and Beta Clayton took care of it. Along with Alpha Blake and his Beta. Oakwood pack should be here by now." he explained.

I nodded and ran out of the infirmary, the need to protect my mate taking over my body and thoughts. I was consumed by anger at the thought of that disgusting man and Jeremy hurting my precious queen. I shifted into my black wolf and darted through the forest, my paws smacking the ground. I burst into the clearing and growled as I saw my father's wolf placing his paw on Vanessa's throat. Her wolf was soaked in blood, claw marks slowly healing as she laid there.

Everyone became silent and stared at me in shock, along with my father. I quickly spotted Jeremy's limp form on the ground, at least one bastard is dead. His daughter was currently sitting on two rogues and growling at them. Is she fighting with us? I know the rogues are with my father, he's the only one to lead them like a damn pack.