Chapter 24

~Vanessa~

I woke up the next morning in Veloces' arm, his warmth making me feel beyond comfortable. I cuddled against his muscled chest and almost fell asleep. That is, until his damn alarm went off. I sat up and smacked my head on Veloces' chin, both of us groaning from the impact.

"Sorry." I mumbled, rubbing my head.

Veloces quickly turned off his alarm and rubbed his chin, he then gave me a concerned look. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just, damn you have a hard chin!"

"Sorry?" he asked, confused.

I chuckled, "You know, my ribs are feeling great today!"

"You're not doing anything until tomorrow." he said, shutting down the suggestion in my words.

I scowled at him, but didn't argue. Instead, I got up and grabbed a towel. As I searched through my drawers Veloces was talking on the phone. Of course I have to be nosey and just listen to the end of it.

"Yeah, love you too, Lizzy." Veloces answered. "You sure your mom won't murder me?"

I turned around, jealousy swarming in my chest as I glared at him. He furrowed his eyebrows, confusion in his eyes as he stared at me. "Okay, well, tell her I said hi. And tell your damn mate to stop texting me emojis every damn second."

I relaxed when he mentioned mate, but I was still on edge. He hung up and looked at me, "I know what you're thinking, she's my cousin." he said before I could say anything.

I pursed my lips, "You mean...you're not cheating on me?"

"No, why would I do that?"

The honesty in his voice helped me relax as I kissed him, "Sorry, just a little scared of that happening."

He smiled softly and pulled me back in for another kiss, "It won't happen."

After we stopped kissing I took a shower and he laid on his bed. I thought about his scars and wounds from the torture as I washed my hair. He was bleeding a little last night and it scared me slightly. Aren't they supposed to be healed? I know they used silver on him, but shouldn't it be healed by now?

I hopped out of the shower and grabbed my towel, wiping myself off I walked out of the bathroom. Veloces looked over and I shrieked a little, quickly covering up my naked body. His eyes were black again, but he only smiled.

"I've already seen you naked." he stated, sitting up.

"Yes, well, I'm a lady so...I don't feel comfortable." I retorted.

He scoffed, "A lady who farts in her sleep."

I could feel my face heat up as I glowered at him, "I do not fart in my sleep."

"Yes, you do." he said with a smirk. His eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Yeah, well, you snore like a damn bear." I snapped.

He chuckled, "I'd rather snore and sound like a bear than fart. Do you know how bad it is when someone farts and you're a werewolf? Hieghtened senses."

"Should I remind you of the one night you farted and I literally slept on the balcony because it smelled so bad?"

He narrowed his eyes, "You're the one who suggested mexican food!"

"Yeah, but I didn't say Taco Bell!"

"Shut up!"

Someone cleared their throat and we both snapped our eyes over to the door. Standing in the entrance way was a girl around my age with dark brown hair and soft blue eyes. She looked between me and Veloces, confused as she looked at me.