Chapter 14

~Vanessa~

I frowned, "So Crudelis isn't actually Veloces' father?" I asked.

"Yes, he is Veloces' brother's father, but not his. His mother cheated on him with his Beta and that's why he hated her. He already felt as if he lost his mate therefor he became abusive to her. That's why he sent his other son away, because he didn't want him seeing this side of him." Christine replied.

"But then why make Veloces Alpha? Why not make his actual son Alpha?" I questioned, re-reading the whole file.

Christine shrugged, "Maybe to make everyone hate him?"

"The only way to find out the truth is to ask Crudelis himself."

We both looked up to see Clayton walking in, giving Christine a stern look. "You took the files without asking me?" he asked, grabbing both files and looking at them.

Christine rolled her eyes, "Well, I'm figuring out the whole story here. Well, at least why Crudelis hates Veloces. Didn't read Alpha Jeremy's file though."

"I'm already reading it and nothing here says anything about him and Veloces getting into a fight. He became Alpha four years ago after his father some how was murdered in his own room." Clayton read, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Did Veloces do anything to his pack four years ago?" I asked.

"No, Jeremy just suddenly blamed him for the Oakwood pack leaving. Though, Veloces didn't care for their territory. He knew he had enough and he wasn't in the mood to start worthless wars with other packs. You can even ask the Silver River pack beside us."

"That what?"

"The Silver River pack, your father most likely knows about them but didn't tell you. Veloces made a treaty with them after helping them repair the damage Crudelis caused. He's been cleaning up his father's mess this whole time. Not causing more."

"Okay, so Crudelis isn't Veloces' actual father. His Beta, Mark, is Veloces' actual father. Crudelis attacked Silver River pack and maybe Oakwood pack. Veloces made a treaty with Silver River and helped them fix their pack. Alpha Jeremy's father mysteriously died four years ago and Jeremy became Alpha. Jeremy then blamed Veloces for Oakwood leaving and called your father here. Did I get everything?" Christine said, writing all this down.

"Oh, he abused Veloces' mother out of betrayal." Clayton added on.

"So, this whole thing has to do with Crudelis?" I asked.

"And Jeremy, he decided to pick a fight with Veloces and Veloces is trying not to start a war. That and he's currently being tortured right now."

"Then how come I can't feel any of his pain?" I whispered.

Christine frowned, "Because he didn't mark you yet or mate with you."

"Even so, you should be able to feel his pain still." Clayton murmured, confused.

"Unless..." Christine trailed off, her eyes widening. "Unless he blocked the mate-bond so you don't feel any of his pain. He's protecting you from the pain of his abuse."

"He can do that?"

"Yes, it takes a lot of energy to, so he's most likely worn down now."

I sighed, running my hand through my hair. "We need to make a plan to rescue him. I know we all want to kill Jeremy, but face it, we can't do that and rescue Veloces. If we kill him all his warriors will know and will attack us. Also, neither one of our packs are ready for a battle like that." I said.

"So, then we'll have to send in a small group to somehow sneak to where ever Veloces is and get him while a few others handle any warriors that attack." Christine chirped.

"Yes, and we need someone on the inside." I said.

"Like who?"

I smirked, "Olivia."

Author's note: Short chapter, I know...but you have to admit, this is kind of a nice cliff hanger. :) Don't worry I'm now writing Chapter 15.

This was just to put in the background information on Crudelis and some what explain why he did what he did. Also, I'm deciding on a name for Veloces' brother. Er, half brother.