Chapter 16

~Vanessa~

As Clayton called Fortis I called Olivia and thankfully she agreed. She told me tonight her parents would most likely be drunk, so they wouldn't focus as well. The bad part is, Veloces' "father" is actually there and he's the one delivering the punishment. I felt dread in my heart at what he's going through, promising to him that I would free him tonight.

I told Clayton about Crudelis being there, so he made a plan with Fortis. Fortis isn't anything like his father, he's kind, caring, and smart. He loathes Crudelis, he didn't care that Veloces was his half brother or that his mother cheated, what his father did isn't right. At least Fortis believes in justice too.

I talked over the plan with them and the four warriors we were bringing. Olivia is going to text me when the patrols are no longer near the border, once we cross we are to follow a thin path through the forest. Once we reached the packhouse there's a door in the ground that leads to the cells, we are to walk to the back of the first hall, make a left, walk to the back of that, and make a right. All the way at the end of that hall is one cell and that's where Veloces is. Her father calls it the torture chamber, the name made me sick as I thought of what they do there.

Once we free Veloces we have to follow that path again and make it back into my father's or Black Thorn's territory. Either one; and rush Veloces to the infirmary. She warned me that he's going to be very weak since his father did something horrible.

I sighed, this plan is going to be a tough one. Especially with Veloces being so weak from whatever his father did. Clayton looked pale as he thought of all the beatings Veloces told him about, but he said he has a feeling this is something new.

I couldn't relax for the rest of the day, I kept making sure everything was organized and then I would pace for goddess knows how long. Christine eventually pinned me down to a chair and ordered me to calm down. My father also ordered me to so I didn't exactly have a choice. Even so, my heart was still beating quickly, my fear for Veloces squeezing me like a snake. I ran my hand through my hair, trying to make myself loosen up. I felt tense the whole day, my wolf and I anxious to free our mate.

Finally, Fortis came and told me it was time. I quickly got dressed into black clothing then texted Olivia. After a few seconds she responded, telling me it was all clear. We sprinted through the forest, knowing we needed to get there fast. Once we crossed the border we searched for the path in the dark. I motioned to the others as my eyes found the thin path leading through a shadowed section of the forest. We quietly followed it, keeping a look out for any patrols.

Olivia told me to kill them if we had to, she didn't care anymore. After a few minutes we reached the packhouse, I scanned the area. When I didn't see any wolves we sprinted to the east end of the large house, searching for the door in the ground. Clayton pointed to a rusted door and quietly opened it, peering into the dark hole.

"This is it." he mind-linked me. "I can smell his scent, it's faded, but it's there."

I nodded and climbed down the old ladder, carefully jumping onto the cement ground below. When everyone was in Fortis closed the door and stood guard. Along with a warrior from my father's pack, Lucas.

We all partially shifted so we could see in the dark; it was disgusting down here. Cell after cell were rogues that were bone thing, covered in blood and smelled of vomit. I had to swallow the urge to gag, my stomach and I not liking this at all. We followed Olivia's directions and found his cell, however, there were two guards in front of it. I could hear Veloces scream as the sound of a whip slashed through skin.

Anger filled me, but I kept it down and kept on walking. Clayton gently touched my shoulder, motioning towards the guards.

"Kill them." I ordered.