Chapter 22

~Vanessa~

I groaned, glowering at Veloces as he stood there awkwardly. "I need to do something! Laying in a bed for three days doesn't sound fun." I whined.

He frowned, "You said you're pretty lazy at home."

"Yes, when I want to be lazy. I don't want to be lazy right now."

"You're one confusing wolf."

"I know."

He sighed and shook his head, a smile appearing on his face. He got in the bed and laid beside me, kissing my temple. "What if I stayed with you? I can do my paperwork in here..."

I frowned and thought about it. Honestly, I missed him and was beyond excited that he's awake and alive. He still has to take it easy so all he's doing is paperwork. Plus, we need to get to know each other a little more. It was all confusing before all this crap with Jeremy and Crudelis.

"That sounds good." I grinned, kissing him on the cheek.

He moved last minute, causing me to kiss him on the lips. I was froze but ended up following his movement as we kissed. It was full of passion and love, he was gentle with me. When we parted he smirked and I laughed.

"Smooth." I chuckled.

He grinned, "I try."

I waited quietly as he went to grab his paperwork, being in a bed when you don't want to be lazy is the most annoying thing ever. Any other time I'd gladly welcome bed rest, but today I just wanted to run and check up on everyone. How can I be a good Luna if I'm lying in a bed?

I snapped my head up as Veloces walked in, a brownie in his mouth and his paperwork in his arms. He closed the door then proceeded to grab the brownie and take a bite out of it. I raised an eyebrow at him, he sat down and opened a file.

He slowly looked up and looked around the room before settling his stare on me. "What?"

"Where did you get the brownie?" I asked.

"The kitchen."

"And you didn't get me one?"

He paled, "You like chocolate?"

"I'm a woman! Of course I like chocolate!"

"Do you want mine?"

I pursed my lips, "No, I can get Christine to get me one."

"I don't know...her and Clayton...um...are a little..." he trailed off, furrowing his eyebrows as he tried finding a way to tell me what they were up to.

I got the hint though and giggled a little, "Right. Well-

"I'll get you one, one sec." he cut me off and darted out of the room.

I sighed and played the waiting game again, but I did smile a little to myself. For someone considered so cruel and cold, he's one loving mate. Even though he abused me in the beginning, which I'm still a little uncomfortable about, but I do need to give him a chance. He didn't attack me last night, which is good.

Moments later Veloces walked in with my brownie, he handed it to me before plopping himself on the bed again. I took a bite out of it and moaned at the taste. Veloces chuckled as he read the file, mumbling how I'm adorable. While he did paperwork I decided to annoy him. It's so fun annoying your mate.

"Veloces."

"Veloces."

"Veloces."

"Vanessa, if you say my name one more-