Chapter 5

After several hours passed, How many they're not sure. But by the end of their conversation it was dark, And Fayette could barely keep her eyes open needing the  three To for hours of sleep she needs per day, So they ended their conversation and the little fairy was falling asleep in Esma's  Arms as she walked her to her room.

They discussed many things; Fairy law and culture first, And The fairy world works and etc. Then they moved on to The vampire world, Then the witch world.

To say that Fayette was surprised by how different all Three worlds are but also the same in the sense of their laws and other things, Would be like the little fairy saying that Saturn is not the most beautiful planet.

Rubina, Was right when she said There are not many laws in the fairy world, Only a dozen or so. But only Three of them are enforced with a heavy hand, That Either gets you the punishment of death, Or banishment decided by the King himself.

The first one; Humans are to never find out about the existence of fairies.

Two; Fairies are to never expose themselves To humans.

And Three; Fairies are to honor their customs, Traditions, And laws.

Needless to say, The red head broke all three of the major nono's In the fairy world.
And she even said she was surprised when she was not sentenced to death, Although her words, "Death would have been far easier than living this life, The one of banishment and exilation. I would have gladly accepted it, This is a far greater punishment than death, And that is why I was given it."

The red headed fairy then went on To say that banishment is a very rare punishment, But when it is given it is acted out accordingly and without hesitation, The second you are given the punishment of banishment and exhalation and shunness from your people, It is instant. Everything is ripped from you, that is why many fairies wish for death when they break One of the Three major laws.

They would much rather go out surrounded by those they love, Then have them turn They're back on them and never speak to them again. Bringing shame upon them and their family, Their blood and so forth.

After their conversation of laws, They moved on to culture And unspoken Fairy rules.

A Fairy is to always hold themselves with Dignity and pride; A Fairy never turns their back on their people, Even if a fellow Fairy has done wrong in the eyes of the law.

That one, Fayette pointed out as ironic, And Rubina Agreed with a dry chuckle.

A Fairy, Whether they were good or not and broke many laws which got them death, They are to be given a proper burial, And if they had Family the family is to be present  And uphold to the burial traditions.

Which are; They are first to be laid out on a bed of flowers, Surrounded by nature and water As a Ten Foot hole is dug usually by the family Traditionally, Everyone is to wear silver and white, And Once the hole is dug The family places the dead Fairy in it and starts throwing flowers in the hole, Traditionally White roses and chrysanthemums will be thrown in with the dead Fairy Because those are seen as flowers of death. Then once they are buried a tree, Or Bush, Or whatever the family decides will be planted atop their grave, Symbolizing the rebirth of life after death.

One thing that surprised Fayette and many of the vampires Was how much the Fairies values respecthat and honor, Especially when it comes to their own.

Fairies are to not eat meat, Not only is it seen as a disrespect towards nature which is another thing that is highly looked down upon amongst the fairy world, You Do Not disrespect nature in any way nor do you take it for granite, But It also goes against tradition and Their culture.