Chapter 1

Alex's POV

Staring into the mirror, I studied myself. Looking at my long silver hair, my icy blue eyes, my wolf ears that flickered on top of my head which showed that I was an omega, and the makeup I put on to hid the dark bruises that covered the left side of my face.

Being an omega wasn't fun if you were in the wrong pack. You were either a punching bag or a godsend, there was no in between.

Unluckily for me, I became a punching bag. I had no mother and my step-dad, David only drank the entire day and paid me no attention unless it was to beat me. Because of this, my pack soon too dislike me as well.

There were no reasons for people to hangout with me so the pack members always stayed clear of me unless they needed something, which were even more beating.

Beatings that they could get away with since no one stopped them, not even the alpha. I can feel the bruises from a beating a week ago, the Alpha's son and his friends wanted to practice their punches on me so they dragged me out into the training grounds and did so until their fist hurt. Didn't matter to them that I was begging and pleading for them to stop the entire time.

To them I was nothing-I am nothing. Omegas are useless. They serve no purpose. So imagine my shock when a group of people wanted to be my friends. It was odd but they're odd themselves.

"Omega! Get your ass down here!" Stumbled out of my thoughts, I quickly grabbing the sailer hat mom gave me when I was little and raced out the bathroom door. "I'm coming!"

Running down the hall, I quickly raced into the living room where David was at. He was sitting in his favorite chair, beer in one hand and the tv remote in the other. When I came in, he turned to glare at me.

"Took you long enough." He scowled, throwing the beer bottle at me only to mess and hit the wall beside me. Inches from my head. "Get me another beer."

Without saying a word, I went to the kitchen and grabbed a beer from the more or less empty fridge. Going back to David was, I handed him the bottle only to get sucker punch in the guts.

Being much stronger than me and not holding back, I coughed up a small amount of blood. Hunching over, David took that opportunity to grab me by my hair and make me come face to face to him. "If I get another call from the Alpha's son because you're being disrespectful, I'll let them take you to the dungeon. Do you understand?"

Gridding my teeth, I nodded my head, staring daggers at him. Even though David turn a blind eye whenever the Alpha's son and his friends do"did whatever they want to me, he always stepped in when they threaten to take me to the dungeons so I have one think to be grateful of.

Staring at me for a moment, David roughly threw me aside. "Good, now get out! You're ruining the mood." Don't have to tell me twice.

I bolted over to the door and swung it open, I shut it right behind me and started booking it down the street. When I was a few blocks away, I slowed down to a walking pace. By then I was already breathing hard, being an omega sucks.

I was already late for school so it didn't matter if I was even more late. At school, no one cared if I was there or not, I remembered last year where I skipped half the year just to avoid my main tormentors. That just caused the beating to get worst whenever they saw me.

I don't know why I'm still living in this pack. I'm pretty sure I can survive in the human world-wait, wolf ears and tail. Never mind. If I ran away then that means I have to survive in the wilderness and there's no way that's going happened. I'll probably last a week before crawling back home.

Plus it's not all bad, like I said before, I have a few of friends here. Sure nearly all of them ain't part of the pack but they like me. Speaking of them, two of them are standing right in in-front of the school, waiting for me. Seeing me, the two waved. "Al, hurry up, we're late!"