Chapter 26

Third Person POV

Being caught, the maid tried to slip a pill out from her necklace but was swift stopped by a guard who grabbed her wrist roughly. She let out a loud yelp and dropped the pill which the other guard stomp on, crushing it to no use.

Spinning her around and pinned her arm against the back, the guards quickly escorted her away. Being mindful that the Fire Queen didn't want the omega girl to know what was going on.

So when the woman stared scream, he put his hand over her mouth to muffle her.

Marching through the halls, other maids were quickly to step out of the way. Eyeing the traitor with hate full eyes, holding back insults to throw.

Opening the door that lead down to the dungeons, the guard holding the maid roughly shoved her inside when she tried to squirm away, pulling and kicking to be free. Still yelling through his hand.

Walking down the steps to hell, fear built up in the maid. Eyes widen as she was forcibly pushed down to walk towards her demise.

Any hope of freedom lost when she heard the heavily armored door clicked closed behind her.

The maid was silent, keeping her gaze down on the dirty, rocky floor as she shuck. After a while, she noticed the floor started to be stained with blood.

She flinched. Her head shooting up upon hearing the cries of a boy. Before she could look where the cries were coming from, she was roughly pushed into a cell that was empty. It's door locked behind her.

Plopping herself up, she growled, still fearful as she looked around in the cell.

The smell of piss and shit nearly made her vomit. Iron heavily lingered in the air. It was dark with no window and wet. Blood stained both the walls and floors from past torturing. There was a chair in the middle of the room bolted to the ground with straps.

Can't forget a cobweb in the corner where a spider was crawling over to a fly hopelessly trying to escape.

To the maid's right, there was a table. Full of tools that were spotless from any blood from the previous session. The only things clean in this filthy place.

Hearting the door open, the maid scrambled to stand. Spinning around to see the demon queen. A small smile on her face as she walked in, staring the maid down.

With just a snap of her fingers, guards rushed in and instantly pinned the maid against the chair and strap her in as she so desperately tried to escape, tears running down her face as she screamed. Yelling to be let go. That she didn't do anything wrong.

As she wailed her lungs to exhaustion, another guard came in with a chair and placed it before the queen. Giving a small bow before taking her leave.

The Demon Queen sat in the chair backwards, her arms folded on top of the backrest as she rested her chin on said arms. Watching the scene in-front of her as she patiently waited, the small smile still there.

Tapping her long, point nail, the guards finally strapped the maid down and stepped away, leaving the cell and locking the door.

Breathing heavily with a sore throat from all the yelling, the maid glared at the demon. Her wrist red from all the pulling. She wouldn't be surprised if she had bruises from the guards iron grip. Such brutes they are.

Eli tilted her head to the side, her and the panting woman staring at one another in complete silence until it broke a few minutes later.

"What's your name?" Silence. "Do you have any family?" Nothing. "Parents?" Still silence. "Siblings?" Nada. "A mate?"

The maid leaned back, slightly gulping as her fists tightened. Eli instantly noticed. Her smile grew, an arm dropped to her side, lightly swinging back and forth as the tension in the room grew more tense. Or was it excitement?

"I have a mate too-five actually." Eli started, not tearing her eyes off the lass. "I love them dearly. Demons are know to be quite possessive like any other species but we're...a little bit more...how do I say this...dangerous when our mates are in danger."

The maid said nothing, keeping her mouth shut as Eli pushed herself up from the chair and carefully walked over towards the table with tools.

"Demons are evil creatures. They're born with vicious intentions that only grow more intense as they get older. The only thing that calms that aggressiveness is their mate, who they will protect until the end of time."

Eli tracked her hand on some tools, deep in thought as she continued. "The bond between a demon and their mate is probably the most powerful one out there. Demons weren't born to be loved, to be cared for, so they will do anything to keep their mate happy and safe to continue to have that drug that gives them a different high that wasn't from battle."

Her hand wavered over a hammer before changing her mind and picked up a small knife beside it, looking over her shoulder at the lass. "When you try to take away that drug, they turn savage. The withdrawal of not feeling their mate's effect on them is overwhelming. It doesn't take long for demons to go crazy. Instinct to protect their one and only and to continue feeling that effect from the mating bond goes into overdrive. They will do anything and everything to keep their mate safe from harms way."

The maid started breathing heavily, panicky trying to get free from the restraints as the Mad Queen slowly stepped towards her, blade in hand. "I am no exception."

The halls of the dungeon was full of a woman's screams for hours. Screams full of agony like never heard before from both the guards and prisoners that were soon met with begs for mercy and forgiveness which were ignored.

Guards who were there trembled in fear, unable to move as they listened, eyes wide. They were used to the cruelty down in the dungeon but this was a whole new level.

A few cells down, a young lad along with his two friends crawled up in small balls despite the pain whenever they moved. They rocked themselves back and forwards as the screams filled their ears, driving them slowly insane.

But compared to the woman, they knew they got off lucky. For the most part. Their turn was still to come.

-