Chapter 35

Alex's POV

"In my defense, It's not my fault I didn't know who they were!" I whined. My jerk of a friends surrounding me. Zack and Nini were laughing their lungs out at my misery. "It's not like they're wearing a sign saying 'Hey, I'm royalty and am also your mate.'."

Zack was holding his stomach, tears in his eyes as he was unable to catch his breath. While wheezing, he dropped to his knees. I blushed. This was the hardest I ever seen him laugh so hard.

Harper looked confused, tilting her head with Max beside her sitting down. She was smiling, which I hated so I threw a pillow at the wolf. "I told you that I was a princess and Eli was my sister."

I glared at the demon. "Hey, I was still getting over the fact that you were the Sin of Sloth, let alone you being a princess."

"I thought it was obvious."

"Well, it wasn't!"

"Couldn't you smell their scent?"

"You know I have a weak sense of smell." I growled, narrowing my eyes at Harper who just shrugs.

"How're you feeling, Al?" Ben asked, sitting next to me on the bed and checking my temperature. I sighed. At least he's the only one that doesn't find my situation funny. "Find. I'm just a little shock is all." Ben nodded his head, leaning away from me.

Nini finally managed to catch her breath. She looked up at me as she wiped her tears away. "I can't you believe you fainted after learning they were your mates. They became very panicky you know."

I felt my blush darkened and I turned to look away, refused to meet Nini's gaze. "What would you do if you found out that you don't just have one mate, you have five. AND, they're the five war queens that won one of the most deadliest war in any history when they were children."

"For your information, Eli is more than a few millennium years old." I grabbed another pillow and threw it at Harper, smacking her in the face. "Shut up! You're just making it worst!"

She only groaned, grabbing the pillow I threw at her and tossing it to the side. "Not my fault I'm speaking the truth."

"Well I don't wanna hear your truths!" Zack was still wheezing on the ground, now laying on it. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Who would that be? "Come in."

The door opened and in comes Queen Eli! She was frowning when she saw Zack on the ground. Seeing her, he immediately stopped laughing and stumbled up before bowing, the same with Harper. "Your majesty."

"Arise." They stood up. Harper looked like she wanted a nap and Zack was extremely nervous. Sweat was gush down his face and he had a huge, nervous grin. I would be laughing at his reaction if I wasn't nervous myself.

Eli's eyes scanned the room, studying each of my friends before they landed on Nini. She looked slightly shocked seeing her but quickly hid it.

"Lady Nora, it's been a while. How are the hounds treating you?" Nini smiled, putting her hands behind her back. How does she know the queen of Hell? "They're great. Thank you again for gifting them to me." Gift?

"Nini. How do you know Eli?" Looking back at me, the girl I known for a few years now only winked and put a finger over her mouth. "That's a secret." Just who the heck is she?

Eli looked at the window, seeing the darkness. "It's rather late. How about you ladies and gentlemen leave. I believe this little wolf is quite exhausted after the day she just had and needs some quiet time to relax." That sounded more like an order than a request and the others knew that.

Giving one more bow, everyone silently got up and left. Closing the door behind them, leaving me alone with The Demon Queen.

I gulped, staring down at my hands as I shook. Hearing Queen Eli grab a nearby chair and set it next to the bed.

It was eerily quiet which just made me even more anxious. Here I am, an omega from a small pack just sitting here with the Queen of Hell right next to me. I feel like I'm about to past out again.

I flinched when Eli finally spoke. "I'm not gonna hurt you, little one." She sounded like she meant it but in not sure. What if she hurts me?

There's stories of people rejecting their mate for being to weak for them, especially some Alphas. Is she gonna to do that to me? I mean, it makes sense. I'm the lowest rank for a wolf and she's the highest rank in the entire world.

Wait. Are...are the other queens going to reject me? I'm getting overwhelmed just thinking about it. I don't think I can handle five rejections.

Tears formed in my eyes. I bit my lip to keep them at bay, but that didn't work. Small sniffles escaped me and tears began raining down on my hands that were tightly clutching the blanket.

I heard the chair scrape against the floor as Eli stood up, leaning forward and place a hand against my cheek, forcing me to look up at her as I felt the sparks. Her eyes were filled with worried which just made me feel even more sad. My chest feels very heavy. I don't like it.

"What's wrong little wolf? What is making you weep? Tell me, please." I leaned deeper into the palm of her hand, reaching up and putting my hand over it so she couldn't move it.

"Please don't reject me." I don't wanna be rejected anymore. First it was dad, then David, and then the pack. I just wanna feel loved.

"Oh, Alexandra." Kicking off her shoes, Queen Eli crawled onto the bed and laid down on her side, pulling me close to her chest. "Me and the others will never reject you, little wolf. We rather burn this world to the ground than lose our final piece. Our freedom."

I sobbed even harder. Burying my face into her breast and holding onto to her so tightly that my knuckles were white.

We stayed like that were a long time. Me crying my eyes out and Eli just holding me, scratching my back with her long nails. It was very soothing. After a while, I passed out.

Third Person POV

Eli continued to rub her mate's back even while she was asleep. She was deep in thought with anger in her eyes.

She wasn't angry at her little mate, oh no. She was angry at what her mate had said. There was no way, this little wolf would escape her grasp nor their other mates. They wouldn't let her go.

"Come in, Harp." Harper wasn't surprised when her sister noticed her presence outside. She walked in, being careful to not wake Alex with the squeaky door. "You read her mind?"

Eli ignored her. "Tell me everything that happened in that fucking pack. Leave no detail out." Her eyes began to glow red. "I wanna see, how much torture I have to make them endure."

-

Author: If anyone forgot who David is, he's Alex's step dad.