Chapter 45

Alex's POV

After getting to Emma's castle, Star and I gracefully parted ways. It was getting late and I had to think about what she had just said to me.

It was true. What Star had said when I really think about it and to be honest, it doesn't really bother me.

I've never met a human before. Only heard that they're greedy creatures that kill the weak or anything different from themselves. So it's hard to feel pity for the ones that stumbled upon finding out about us. I don't know if that makes me a bad person.

Dumping into someone, I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up, apologizing. Seeing a young guy that looked like the male version of Emma. Blond hair and blue eyes.

It feels like I meet him before but I don't know where. My ears flatted against my head as I tried to remember.

I blushed when he stared down at me, head tilted to the side as he waited for me to say something. "Have-have I met you before?" Face still expressionless, he silently nodded his head.

"You have, at the Moongoddess's celebration. You were wandering the halls and I helped you back to the ballroom."

Ah, that's were I remember him. I wonder why's he still here. Isn't he from another pack? "Um...if it isn't a problem...can I ask a question?" He shrugged. "Go ahead."

My blush darkened and I began to fidget under his gaze. "What are you're still doing here? The celebration ended months ago. What pack are you from?"

"That was two questions." I whined. Talking to people isn't my strong suit. "But to answer your questions, one, I live here. Two, I'm part of the pack where you're mated to my older sister."

My headed snapped up at that. You mean to tell me that this is Prince Theodore!? Heir to the throne and my brother-in-law!? Why am I just meeting him now?

He rubbing the back of his neck, seeing the shock on my face. "What? We live in the same house and are practically family now. Don't be all shock on meeting me, your highness." He's calling me that too? Oh goddess. "You-you don't have to call me that. You're heir to the throne."

"Yeah, but, your rank is much higher than mine seeing as you're mated to a queen which makes you one when you finally get marked."

What? Me Queen? He must be joking. There's no way I'll be Queen. I don't think the council will allow an omega like me to be Queen. "Al-alright, I guess. Can I ask, what are you doing still up? It's getting late."

Turning to look out the window to my left, I saw that the sun had completely set and now only darkness took its place. "I was heading to my chambers after spending some time in the library before bumping into you."

I turned back to Prince Theodore. "That sounds fun, what did you read-" I was cut off when a loud shattering noise came from the window.

Snapping my head to see, there was a large man climbing inside, a giant smirk on his face with an insane look in his eyes as he stared straight into my soul. I took a step back before covering my nose. His scent smelled so...evil...vile.

Prince Theodore stepped in-front of me protectively. "What is the meaning of this? Guards!" The man didn't look fazed.

He kept his eyes on me. Then, everything went dark.

Third Person POV

-With Emma-

"Your majesty, I worry about your health." Emma sighed, pausing on what she was writing. She had managed to avoid this conversation the entire day so far with Jackson, but there's no running away now. "My health is fine, Jackson. It was just a nosebleed."