Chapter 40

Alex's POV

As I heard Mist let out a tired yawn, I suddenly felt myself slip back into control. Blinking out on confusion, I looked up to see Queen Eli, Queen Emma, and Queen Star staring at me.

I blushed, silently cursing at my wolf for leaving in the center of their attention. Star leaned closer to me, staring into my eyes before saying, "Seems like Mist gave you back control." She then leaned back away from me to give me space.

My blush darkened and I looked down at my lap, nervously nodding my head. My attention went to the bowl filled with vanilla ice cream. I never had ice cream before.

Grabbing the bowl, I picked up the spoon and took a bite. And oh my goddess is this stuff good! I heard her majesties chuckle at my reaction, watching as I shoved even more of that good stuff in my mouth. It's like I'm in ice cream heaven.

"Adorable." I heard one of the queens whisper but I was too focused on my ice cream to pin point which one of them said that.

I turned my head when I heard the door open, watching as Queen Jane followed by Queen Taylor walk in. That's when I realize that we were in the castle's kitchen and are the only ones here.

Queen Jane noticed the bowl half full of ice cream in my hands and pouted. "No one offer me any ice cream." I gave her a smile, holding back a giggle as I scooped up more ice cream in my mouth.

"I thought you were busy with a meeting." Queen Star asked, raising an eyebrow as Queen Emma grabbed another bowl and scooped up some strawberry ice cream before handing it to Queen Jane who thanked her.

"Turns out, my new adviser got the date mixed up. The meeting is taking place next week." Queen Jane said, going over to the fridge and taking a bag out. I watched as she poured some blood onto her ice cream before eating it. "What happened to Williams?"

"He has been...dismissed." The queens gave the vampire a look before shaking their heads or quietly laughing. I wonder why? Did I miss something?

I turn to Queen Taylor. She was a couple of feet away from Queen Eli, standing there with her arms crossed. "Do you want any ice cream, Queen Taylor?" She looked at me and shook her head. "Nah. I'm not the ice cream type."

"Taylor doesn't like sweet things." Queen Jane remarked, grabbing a can of beer from the fridge before walking back over to us. Handing the can to the tiger who happily took it, opening it and taking a sip.

"Oh?" Queen Emma looked over at Queen Jane and Queen Taylor with a small smile. "I remember her stating that I taste-"

Queen Taylor choked on her drink. "Don't finish that sentence, princess." She blushed, wiping away the beer that was on her chin as she glared at the smiling werewolf queen.

I held in my laughter, watching the scene in-front of me. Despite what everyone has said, my mates aren't really terrifying at all. They're just funny, cute, goofballs.

"Now, now." Queen Eli smiled, placing a hand on Queen Taylor's chest. "Let's not forget we are in the presence of a very innocent, puppy." Who's the puppy? They all turned to me. Oh. Guess that's me.

My blush came back but twice as worst as before. I snapped my head back to my almost finished ice cream, making the queens laugh again at my shyness. Meanies, all five of them. But, I won't trade them for the world.

"Anyways. How are you feeling Alex? Moonlight has told me that you and her had a little chat." I nodded my head, refusing to look up at my mates due to fear and nervousness that suddenly came.

"Yeah." I took a deep breath, calming my nerves. "I'm ready to accept you all. I'm just worried about what other people will say."

"You don't have to worry about that!" I heard Queen Taylor claim. "We'll beat 'em to a pulp if they dare say anything bad about you."

There was a semi loud smack followed by Queen Taylor owing then a sigh from someone else. "What she said is true." Queen Jane said. "We don't care about what others think. You're OUR mate. What they think about us is irrelevant."

I smiled at that, slowly looking back up to see my mates staring at me. Their eyes full of love and passion. I don't think anyone has looked at me like that before. It makes my heart feel all warm.

"What they say is true, little wolf." Queen Eli raised her elbows on the counter. "We don't mind about what others think. But if they dare say anything bad about you, we don't mind getting our hands dirty." That was a little dark but it still made me feel all certain about what I'm going to do next.

"Will." I stood up, my hands behind my back as I gave them a confident smile. "If that's how you all feel. I'm Alexandra Lu Cruz. It's nice to meet you, my dear mates."

-