Chapter 38

Third Person POV

After spending some time with the Blood Queen, Mist and Star decided to go back to the werewolf domain after the scared young man that they pass by in the hallway earlier came to tell Jane that she had a meeting. Saying goodbye, they were on their way.

Walking through the woods, side by side, Mist turned her attention toward a butterfly that flew past her. Smiling, she let go of Star's hand and began to chase after it, trying to catch the pretty insect.

Star smiled at Mist childish behavior, finding it delightfully. But, the dragon's smile slowly fell, she wasn't Alex.

Mist was asleep the entire time Alex was being tormented by her pack, the people that were supposed to love and protect her. The fact that Alex hid her tail and ears was heartbreaking.

It was normal for some shifters to have animal parts when in human form, it just meant that you were just closer to your beast side.

During the war, Taylor the Brute was so close to her beast that she had won multiple battles, both major and small before getting the title The Cursed Queen at 18 and getting sent to the rear. Her and Queen Eli were the backbone on why they won the war.

The war went on for fifteen years and ended two years ago. Some rouge packs weren't effective by the war seeing as they signed a treaty to stay out of the way and not cause trouble. The rouge packs that were involved in the war took serious loses.

When the great war was over, they signed another treaty so Rouge packs didn't kill or attack any acknowledge wolf packs so their numbers could stabilize.

Alex's pack was one of the ones that picked to stay out of the war so she never saw the horrors that her mates did, not that some of them mind.

But the small omega did went through the horrors of being in a rouge pack who had no way to spend their pent up urge to fight. And they took their anger out on her.

Which breaks her mates heart knowing that they couldn't protect her during her time in need. They knew that most rouges were evil, it's who they are, especially the higher rank ones.

After all, Rogues are wolves cast out of their packs for doing heinous crimes. And a group of them in one place, joining together leads to more suffering for the ones at the bottom since they can't protect themselves and no one cares about what happens to them.

"Star! Look! A pretty flower." Seeing that Mist was no longer chasing after the butterfly and was instead crouching down in-front of some flowers, looking back at the dragon who walked over to her.

Bending down, Star saw purple carnations. "Yes, they're very pretty." Mist grinned, turning back to the flowers and began gently playing with the pedals as Star watched her.

"Mist." The omega hummed, not looking at her. "Do you know if Alex has any family." Mist looked up at Star, stared at her for a moment before thinking back.

"Mmm, I think so. I remember glimpses of a really pretty woman with silver hair. I don't remember her face though, it's been a while since I've seen her."

There was a pang in Star's heart. Gulping down her emotions, she gave a forced smile. Best not to deep further without Alex's permission. "Let's go see Emma and Eli now, they should be done talking to their friends by now."

Mist smiled, picking some of the purple flowers and followed Star back to the wolves castle.

Upon entering, the pair saw Emma and Eli talking to themselves as they walked down the hall, not noticing the dragon and omega until Mist ran up to them, flowers in hand.

They stopped their conversation and turned to the silver wolf who stopped right in-front of them. Holding out the purple flowers she had picked. "I picked some flowers for you."

They smiled, taking the flowers from Mist. "Thank you little wolf." Eli said, turning to Emma and putting her flower in her hair. Blushing, Emma did the same to the demon who didn't mind.

Mist grinned as the two put their attention back onto her. "Where have you been, Alex?" Emma asked, tilting her head when Mist pouted at her. "I'm not Alex, I'm Mist, her wolf."

Emma looked surprised when Mist said that but nodded her head and apologized. Mist then turned to Eli, "Your name is kind of funny."

Eli smiled, crossing her arms over her chest. "Is it?" The short girl nodded her head smiling. "Yup! It kind of sounds like "he lied"." Eli chucked. "Yes, my father became very creative when picking my name. I was his firstborn after all."

Looking behind the little wolf, Emma saw Star walking up to them. "Hello, darlings. How was your talk with your friends?" Emma's brows furrowed as she stared at the dragon confused.

When Star gave her a look before motioning towards Mist, she understood. "It was good. We talked about a lot of things." Mist looked at her. "What type of things?"

"Things your cute little mind doesn't need to know. So let's go have some ice cream." Mist's eyes widen and she eagerly nodded her head, making her mates chuckle at her excitement.

-

Author: This war stuff is making me lose my mind since I didn't plan it out and keep on making adjustments and going back to see what's going on. (Also changed a couple things, Emma has been ruling for ten years instead of 8 and Taylor is 30 not 23, so don't be confuse when you see small changes and feel like you're losing your mind.)

(This is what I get for not planning stuff out

(This is what I get for not planning stuff out. Sorry 😣 )