Chapter 42

Alex's POV

-couple weeks later-

Letting out a small yawn, I stretched out my arms, sighing of relief when the tension in my muscles disappeared.

Turning to look at Emma and seeing that she was still doing paperwork, I got up from the couch next to the window I was sitting on and walked over to her. Peering over her shoulder, I tried to read what she was working on.

My head tilted to the side. "What that for?" I wonder that a lot, Emma has so much stuff to do but I never knew what for.

"This is permission to send more supplies to struggling packs that still haven't recovered from the war." Emma didn't even stop writing when she said that.

I continue to watch her work until she suddenly grabbed her head, groaning in pain. My ears flattened against my head and I look at her worriedly. "Are you okay?"

She nodded her head. My eyes widened when blood started dripping from her nose. I began to panic, looking over until I spotted a handkerchief. Snatching it, I pressed it against her nose as Emma tilted her head slightly up.

"You need to have a break." I whimpered. Emma opened her eyes and turned to me. Tiredness and pain is all I saw but she still gave me a small, reinsuring smile. "I'm alright, little mate. This happened from time to time."

She waved me off but that still didn't help with my worry. Didn't help Mist either as I felt her reach out to Emma's wolf, Moonlight, to ask what was happening.

Hearing the door opened, Emma's assistant walked in. Closing the door behind him, his eyes slightly widened at the situation in front of him. "Your majesty."

He rushed over to Emma, standing at the other side to her as he leaned forward, removing the handkerchief to get a better look just to see a ton of blood on both the handkerchief and Emma's face. Seeing it made me pause, my anxiety growing.

"I'm alright." She looked back at me. "I'm okay, Alex. Nosebleeds are normal for me." That didn't help at all. "We should go to a healer, Em. That's a lot of blood." She waved me off again.

Jackson sighed, shaking his head before looking at me. "You should go, your highness. Let me deal with this."

Emma's eyes narrowed, she let a low growl as she stared at him. "Don't order my mate around." He bowed his head. "I didn't mean to your majesty. I apologize. But, her highness shouldn't see you in this type of state."

My mate froze for a moment, then signed, looking back at me. "He's right, my dear. You shouldn't see me like this. Go see one of the others while I'll get cleaned up."

"But-"

"I'm okay. This happens all the time." Well it shouldn't.

Fear and worry still gripped me but I hesitantly nodded my head. Walking over to the door and opened it, I looked back at Emma with Jackson checking up on her before reluctantly leaving. Closing the door behind me, I heard them talking to each other as I did so but it was muffled so I couldn't hear anything.

I pressed my back against the door. This is the first time I've seen Emma have a nosebleed, Jane warned me about this. She said it's because of all the stress and workload Emma does.

She really needs to take a week long vacation.

"Alex, it's good to see you love." Speaking of Jane, I turned to see the vampire walking up to me. "What are you doing out here? And what's wrong? You look worried."

"It's Emma. She's having a nosebleed just like you said." Jane's eyes narrowed, she frowned as she looked at the door I was leaning against. Taking in a deep breath. "That girl really needs to take a break or help her goddess, I'm gonna..."

My mates are queens!? जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें