Chapter 23

Queen Emma's POV

"Five packs have been attacked even since the Moon Goddess ceremony two days ago. Hunter activity has continued to steadily increased even though the Guardians have been keeping them at bay."

Jackson stated as I listened. Running my fingers through my hair to calm myself. "Are the other queens informed?" He nodded his head. "Yes, your majesty. Queen of Tigers are training her people more harshly just in case, the same with the Demon Queen."

"That's good. We should do the same." I mumbled, feeling extremely exhausted and nervous which I rubbed my eyes to get rid of.

"Jackson, start making preparations should the Hunters try anything again. Also, inform all packs what is happening and advise them to do the same. I don't want other massacre because we were fools."

Jackson bowed, "At once, your majesty." turning around and leaving the room. The door clicking closed behind him.

I rubbed my face and sighed, ignoring the letters of attacks on my desk as I stood up. Picking up my cup of tea that went cold a while ago and walked over to the window, taking a sip.

Looking outside, I eyes shifted to see Taylor making her way towards the castle. Our little mate passed out in her arms. A little white faced.

What is she doing out of bed!?

Hastily putting my cup down, I rushed out of my office, down the halls and stairs before quickly reaching the front door where a butler was letting my mate in.

"What happened?" I demand, immediately at their side and checking on our little omega. "She wandered out onto Tiger territory, popped a few of her stitches in the meanwhile. I patched her back up."

Taylor said, hiding the worry in her eyes. Taking a deep breath to go back to my natural expression, I leaded my mate to the guess bedroom where Alexandra was staying.

The both of us keeping quiet until the door closed  behind us. I'm thankful Eli cared that spell on many of the rooms so no one could eavesdrop. It lets us show our true selves.

"How did she managed to wander off werewolf territory?" I asked, watching Taylor played the sleeping beauty on the bed, pulling the covers over her. "She claims that she got lost. Stumbled upon me training my warriors."

But that's impossible. The borders are heavily guarded, no one can possibly slip into the different territories without being seen.

Great. Another problem to look into. We both sighed. This girl is a handful.

"Also found this on her." Taking out a familiar pen and handing it to me, I realized that it was the pen that went missing hours ago. "She had it?" I asked, looking at Taylor confused. She nodded.

"Yeah. Looks like we got another sneaky thief in our mist." Taylor groaned, scratching her head. I laughed, "Better hope Star doesn't hear you or she's gonna toss you around again."

My mate paled, remembering the time Star overheard Taylor calling her a thief as a joke and proceeded to turn into her dragon form and toss Taylor around hundreds of feet in the air. Even letting her drop and nearly hitting the ground before catching her.

Gave the poor kitty a heart attack.

"Let's not speak of that." Taylor shivered, taking a seat on the bed and pulling me onto her lap. Her grip tight as she nuzzled into my neck, taking in my scent. "How is it dealing with those mutts?"

"Quite unpleasant." I frowned, leaning into her. "The Alpha is causing some trouble for his son and his friends to be release. Is even threatening to break the treaty."

"So what? The treaty was to keep him inline with the promise of protection by the guardians. If he brakes it then that means no protection. He is very dumb."

I chucked, shaking my head. "Yes but wolf population is dangerously low. The war killed thousands if not millions of our population. He may be extremely dumb but he's still somewhat important."

"But what of the silver in little mates blood?" I paused, turning to look at the sleeping omega. "Doing a bit of interrogation, the boys confess that they bought the silver and purposely injected it in Alex's blood stream."

Taylor growled, rage pouring off her in waves. "And the guardian stationed there did nothing to stop them." I paused, turning my gazed down at the floor.

"It's part of the treaty. The guardians protecting them and are ONLY allowed to protect. They cannot interfere what the packs does to each other. The only thing they can do is report it, I guess that I've been so swamped with work that me and my assistant missed it. I am sorry."

An enormous amount of shame filled me. I'm supposed to protect my people and I'm failing to do that.

Taylor rubbed my arm, trying to comfort me. "The war cause lots of pain and destruction. In only eight years, you've done more than what most other rulers who ruled for hundreds of years do. And a young girl being the victim of bullying could have easily slipped past you. The others and I don't blame you."

I felt a tear run down my face. Feeling more at ease. "Thank you."

-