3

Mumbai

"By the way, why do you think you are bad? Did someone tell you that?" The man posed while they were having lunch. She stilled her hand, which was holding her fork, after her head registered his words, and she smiled.

"Do I resemble someone who accepts what others define me as? No one has the guts to say that to me except my conscience." She resumed fishing on her egg again, and already he was staring at her and admiring her. She answered the question practically without wasting any time. Certainly, he can see a big web before her that doesn't allow intrusion, but he doesn't know why he wants to invade and find out who the real her is.

"I don't think you're bad. At least, I don't feel it. Bad people never confess they're it." He paused, getting drowned in the soft smile that remained on her lips.

"Bad people attract good people. That is the law of nature, and it is proven because you're here." She glanced at his eyes, which slowly flashed with an uncertain emotion.

"I'm glad you think I'm good. Anyway, opposites attract. I refuse to believe you're bad."

"Your choice." She permitted him to have whatever image he wished to believe since, instead of trusting her, he chose his delusion. And she was not someone who would stay and keep arguing about the same thing. Nevertheless, his actions have made it clear to her that he's interested in her. But she has certain protocols she follows before accepting anyone in her life. She dropped her fork and picked up her phone to check who he really was. If he's not up to her standards, she would get up and leave right away, and if he were to follow her again, she would file a restraining order against him.

"You're expensive, but keep in mind I will gladly afford you." He read through her expression that she was checking his bio on her phone. She liked what she saw about him. All she searched for was his net worth, and it was a satisfactory amount to qualify him to be on her list of friends. She allowed herself to be comfortable, and slowly returned her phone to the table to give him her attention.

"So, you do real estate."

"Yes! I told you you'd search for me today." He grinned with excitement because she finally got herself to be her real self to him rather than acting formally.

"I will give you an assignment. Find a duplex worthy of me. I'd like to patronise you. I wish to make it a home for those who don't have shelter. So ensure it has ten or more rooms, please. Also, each room should be spacious enough to be able to contain at least ten single beds."

"If you think of such thoughts, how can you be bad?" He was solely impressed.

"I'm trying to erase everything I've done, if that's possible. Although I hate the poor with all my heart because they are always two-faced." She was interrupted by the buzzing sound of an alarm from her phone that informed her of the end of her lunch break. She sighed, gathering her things, by which he understood it was time for her to go. He wanted to express his mind when she mentioned she hates the poor because they are two-faced to tell her every human has his own distinct personality regardless of class.

"I will send my driver to you tomorrow. He will bring you to me so that we can check out....."

"Fine. Let him meet me at the clinic by five sharp. Goodbye!" She left the bill for her meal on the table, and when he noticed it, he pulled it to his side, his eyes reading the amount. The price was overly high for just a plate of eggs and coffee. But then, when he glanced through the luxurious amenities, not even the furniture, but their service's presentation, it was worth it. Again, he will never understand why people would visit expensive restaurants when you could get the same thing at another restaurant for a cheaper price and buy more for the needy rather than spending it all in a fancy place. He called the waiter and handed him his credit card.