4

Mumbai

It was five in the evening when she closed off for work. She revealed the bag she brought from home that had her clothes, which she intended to change into after work. From the bag, she withdrew the dress and shoes. Already, she had inserted a lock on her door, so she stripped out of her clothes and entered the other, a black dress that clung to her body perfectly, slightly below her knees, and gave it perfect touch by wearing an elegant silver neck chain with matching earrings. She then wore her medium black heels.

You may want to know why she was dressing up when all they were to do was check houses. She's a classy, modern, and stylish woman. She can't roam around with one pair of clothes in a day. Also, the clothes she wore to work weren't appropriate for wandering the streets.

She applied her nude lipstick to her lips, darkened the kohl all around her eyes and her upper liner, then turned on her phone's front camera to check if she was ready to go. When she got satisfied, she grabbed her silver purse, making her way to the car park.

The clinic's car park was always a busy place. Cars came and exited all the time. It was the same at the moment. She didn't know which car the man sent. Moreover, it skipped her mind for them to exchange contacts.

"Ma'am!"

Just as she was about to turn to see the one who called her, a gentle breeze stirred, lifting particles of sand that gracefully danced around. Some of which turned into dust and found their way into her eyes, causing her to lose her balance. Rudra's driver, who was behind her, immediately caught her hand, drawing her into him as she struggled to open her eyes. In that moment, a man inside a car watched them. She was busy attempting to clear her eyes by blowing her breath on her hand to make it warm so that she could place it against her eyes, meanwhile, the man's gaze never left her figure even for a blink. When she finally opened her eyes and saw the man who claimed to be his driver, she followed him to the car, where he led her. Not once did the other man's gaze leave her. He watched her closely to the extent that she became the radiant beacon in his darkened world, while an unknowing smirk crept against his lips. However, it didn't last because after the car drove away, he clenched his teeth together, his face turning murderous.

The car came to a halt before a property. The door got opened by Rudra prior to her hand reaching for the knob. She returned his warm smile while he checked her out as he extended his hand out to her to help her come out.

"I wasn't aware you would dress for a date. You're looking exceptionally beautiful," he complimented with a broad smile, elated because she dressed up for him, as they walked hand in hand towards the massive mansion. He was in a basic t-shirt and jeans styled with a belt, wearing a casual leather slippers, and a nice watch.

Her happy mood changed to neutral as she wasn't impressed that he didn't make any effort during their first meeting outside. Even though it may not be a date, but still, he could have dressed better into something that would reflect his wealth.

"That means you owe me one," came her short, straight, and unhappy answer.

"Definitely. But on what basis? I mean, I have principles. I can't take you out in public unless we share a relationship," he halted after her. She stayed silent while staring at him because thoughts ran through her head about whether she misunderstood his feelings for her that he may have something.

"I thought we became friends," she uttered.

"You didn't shake my hand. Even though, I still can't take you because we're friends."

"Ok. No need to go then. We will check the house and return to our respective homes," she continued to walk, this time letting go of his hand.

"It is a fifteen-thousand-square-foot villa. This is the spacious living room with twenty-seven-foot-high ceilings. Instead of ten, it has twelve massive bedrooms, each enjoying its own personal bathroom."