20

Delhi

"I know you're mad, but let me warn you that as long as I'm with you, no harm will ever befall her," he murmured, holding his anger because of the presence of his family, while she smiled in silence, as once she puts her mind to something, she completes it. If it doesn't happen, it means she's on a break, or else she would move mountains to see it come true.

She got up to check if they were around when Shraddha came down in haste, looking at her and running past them into a door like she didn't know her.

"Who is she?" his sister-in-law asked, referring to her.

"Is everything okay? I think you should go and check on her, Poonam," Abhimanyu suggested, as he had seen tension over Shraddha's face.

She nodded and pursued the room she went into, where both of them collided, causing the cup in her hand to tumble to the floor.

"Wha..." she gazed at Poonam's stiff face, which was already scrutinising her. She turned and fetched another cup of drink from the dispenser, but couldn't go out as the door was blocked by her frame.

"Don't you see me? How could you ignore me?"

"As far as I remember, you never liked me speaking to you. Move out of my way now. I have to go."

She became angry at her overbravery because she intentionally avoided looking in her face. As her eyes narrowed due to anger, she exclaimed, "You can't command me to do what you want. This is my father's house, my house."

"Your father has asked me for his energy drink, Poonam. I have to give it to him. Can you move out of the way?"

"Is it an energy drink or something else? I don't trust you at all. Are you secretly giving him poison so that after his death, you'll get"

A loud slap landed on her cheek. For a moment, she saw the multicolors of her complexion before they vanished.

"How dare you?" She charged energetically to remind her of her place, but Shraddha angrily vented,

"How dare you accuse me of such? Do you think I would give your dad poison? Really?" She took a sip of the bitter drink, even though she hated almonds, to clarify what she was accusing her of. "He is sick because of you. Because of what you did. But you will never see your fault." She shoved her shoulder, and she stumbled, almost falling to the ground while she left.

"Shraddha!" Her face turned red with fury as she went after her. They appeared before the family, where both of them stopped.

"You must be here to meet her father. I will inform him."

"Not needed. There's no need to interfere in my life. Also, give me this," she said, snatching the cup of juice from her grasp. "I will inform him we've come to speak with him," she cleared with them and left to give it to him.

 "I will inform him we've come to speak with him," she cleared with them and left to give it to him