002 | It was like freaky

—𝐀 siren call was made, Nefeli led Percy Jackson home with ease

—𝐀 siren call was made, Nefeli led Percy Jackson home with ease. However, the story is only beginning, she realized this when reading over her poetry on the wall alongside Grover who was suffering a guilty conscience. The words may not have made sense but she knew it couldn't be anything ignorable.

A thief's downfall only made her think of the end of a bad persons riegn. The only problem with defeating evil is the actual defeating part, lives could be lost. Not many people know who to blame when shit hits the fan, but when someone saw the shit and spoke it into existence it's easier to find your scapegoat.

"We have to tell." Grover concludes looking over the vandalized wall.

"If I- the person who wrote this- don't understand it, what makes you think anyone else will?" She tilted her head at the boy, or man, truly seeking an answer.

"They're gods of course they'll know." He pursed his lips grabbing hold of Nefeli's wrists.

Being dragged out of a room is never fun when you can't float. Nefeli can, so she added theatrics and floated through the air on her side as he dragged her out the infirmary.

The light from the sun was daunting, and maybe that was because she had yet to be outside all day. Nonetheless the harsh sun irritated her and the thought of having to willingly speak to Mr. D made her skin crawl. She despised him.

"Chiron!" Grover called and his face fell seeing that he had just missed him as he was walking with Percy.

"Darn," Nefeli patted Grover on the back with ever intention to take this as a win and flee the scene.

"Find me after supper, got it?" The boys hooves tapped the ground when he turned around to the girl who was already walking away.

"K!" She called back to him not knowing what he said.

There wasn't much Grover could do to her when he realized she didn't hear what he asked of her. She wasn't even sure he asked her anything, he could have just told her he was seeing her later.

With Annabeth packing for a quest she was sure she would go on, Nefeli was left in the dust with nothing to do. Often times her days were like this, she didn't have anyone to talk to that would tolerate her to an extent the Annabeth did.

Her head hung low as she walked over to her cabin, ready to rest until it was time to heat up some Ramen in the Camp Leaders cabins. Even though she wasn't allowed in there she went in anyways finding it smelt better than the mess hall.

Returning to her cabin shack of a home she felt sad looking over it. It was a sad place to live alone and it was even more sad she watched everyone else hang with there brothers and sisters in the same shared cabin.

Annabeth had yet to check on Nefeli which was strange, Annabeth always checked in on Nefeli. It was that or she was outside practicing for when she would finally get her quest.

This kept Nefeli up as she looked at be ceiling trying to get used to the knew feeling of not being about to sleep, it was a strange feeling.

"NEFELI!" Grover yelled loud and despite his normal prepubescent tone he was very intimidating but that didn't stop Nefeli from answering her door with a smile.

"Grover just the dude I was looking for." Nefeli lied
through her teeth.

"Let's go!" Grover grabbed her wrist like before but u like then she doesn't add drama by floating on her side, "This is important, you can't just slack your way through everything- I mean this has something to do with a possible-"

"Shut up!" Nefeli groaned feeling her stomach twist at the lecture. She didn't like being reminded that she was a lazy lump on a log.

"Mr. D and Chiron are playing cards and I went to tell them. I thought you would be there and I looked so stupid waiting on you." Grover didn't make eye contact as they kept walking which told her he was truly hurt by her absence.

"I'm sorry." She meant it.

"Just go in there and make me sound good, okay?" Grover stopped outside where the two men sat playing cards.

"Okay." She gave him a tight lipped smile before walking in.

"How can we help Ms. Kingston?" Mr. D rolled his eyes taking a sip on his drink. Mr D. was not too fond of the girl who was moved into the abandoned shack thing where his garden was to be placed originally.

"There's something I've been saying, a new prophecy." She gulped hoping they'd take her serious.

"Go on." Chiron placed his cards on the table and Mr. D didn't waste the chance to see what he was up against.

"Last night when the new kid got here, I told him something in his sleep. It was like freaky- 'Now returned home follow the oceans call, not you know of the story in the crystal ball, you Percy Jackson
will be a thief's downfall,' and I think it means something important." Nefeli managed to get it out in one breath.

The adult and a half exchanged looks before Chiron rubbed his beard.

"Thank you Nefeli, once again your gift has shown that we should be more grateful for your help." Chiron didn't sound grateful for her gift. He sounded scared.

"Night." Nefeli added looking at Grover before leaving back for her shack.

Telling people the future was never a fun thing to do, she would be the scapegoat if things went sour during this event.

Nefeli looks up at the night sky, hoping to see her father sleeping lazily on a cloud like she did whenever she felt conflicted. Per-usual he wasn't up there, but it helped aid her pain.

She didn't want to be at fault for anything that could end up killing someone.

Not after what happened to the daughter of Zeus because of she was right about the hunch she had, about the Oceans Call, then Percy Jackson was living numbered days.

a/n

Oml why are people actually reading this?!