023 | Percy Tries To Kiss Nefeli

—𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 would be the death of Nefeli Kingston

She was too filled with pride to tell Percy that she could not swim and that the water ride was freaking her out. It was a 'love boat' that you rode to the end where they were guessing the shield would be.

Getting onto the boat was difficult because one of them had to push it to get it started. Percy didn't mind it, seeing as he was soaked already why not make it twice.

They silently road on the boat, looking at the concrete tunnel for clues of the shield. A loud thud was heard in the distance, and out of fear. she scooted closer to Percy.

"You sure you don't want my fla-" Percy was going to offer his flannel for the millionth time that day, she'd been shivering a lot. He held it in his hand, offering it to her.

She wore a simple pair of cargo pants and a fitted dark blue shirt. She didn't think it would be cold where they were going, isn't California the sunshine state?

"Since you insist." She muttered after she snatched it quickly from his hands and put it on. The thin layer of clothing wasn't much, but it was better than before.

A sad smile pricked at his lips, looking at her was starting to feel sad. He knew that if he didn't find a way to get on her good side and make her fall for him then they would never happen. She was on his okay side, but he knew he wasn't her favorite person in the world which was his goal.

He looked over the faint freckles over her nose. He'd never noticed them there before, again they where very faint, but they where there nonetheless.

What is love started blaring over the speakers and he felt like he just got caught thinking about her. His face went red as he looked up, coughing to clear the awkwardness.

"I think I heard this at a dentist before." Percy spoke into the darkness that was the Love ride.

"We don't get to hear much music at camp, unless it's like tribal or whatever." Nefeli listened intently to the song, soaking up every moment she had in the mundane world.

Before he got the chance to react to that sad sentence, lights flashed overhead onto the tunnel walls. They were pretty colors and Nefeli began to enjoy the ride, easing the fact she could drown at any moment.

A story was being displayed through the lights and animations. Nefeli appreciated the detail that went into the ride, he truly did want to be loved but he was going about it all wrong.

"Isn't this Hephaestus's story?" Nefeli leaned her head closer to Percy's ear because she spoke above a whisper, not wanting to interrupt the show before him.

"Yeah." He gulped, feeling the hairs on his neck stick up at the close contact.

"Rejected by Hera and Aphrodite, double whammy." Nefeli mumbled feeling a little bad for the god.