028 | Speaking in riddles

—Morpheus guided Nefeli outside the cave before she lost her mind

—Morpheus guided Nefeli outside the cave before she lost her mind. The pair walked in silence to the water of Lethe, where they would have there own in depth talk of what was to happen to Nefeli when they let her return to the world.

"You know, I took you mother here once." Morpheus cleared his throat looking out at the great beyond thinking of the woman he called home, "She hated it. She couldn't stand all of the-"

"Stop. I don't want to hear about her right now." Nefeli sat down on a rock thinking of her mother and biggest opposition at the moment. She hid the secret of secrets, she knew what she was doing getting involved with a greek god and did it anyway.

"It's not her to blame here Nefeli," Morpheus attempted to reason, "She didn't realize the distructuon it would cause."

"How? Was she just as oblivious as-"

"You?" Morpheus raised a brow with a smile, Nefeli hardly found it time to joke. She felt selfish for not being concerned with the health of her friends, but how could she focus on them when she was being referred to as destruction?

"Sure. How? How'd she not realize that mixing two worlds together would cause them both demise?" Nefeli questioned as her father took the seat next to her. The water of Lethe trickled behind them.

"Love. As simple and twisted as that daughter. Love made this mess."

"I'm hardly a mess." Nefeli huffed.

"That I know. I've kept my eye on you." Morpheus sighed, "You're more of the important of my offspring."

"Are you- is it you who has blocked my latest prophecy?" Nefeli raised her brow. It would make sense in a way. Not why he did but he could if he wanted and she would know it's not her fault.

"Yes." He deadpanned.

"Well why? That was crucial information-"

"That Perseaus and his friends are not ready for. In time it will all pan out, you'll see, but for now, we wait. It is not there turn,"

"Is that why you are scared I'll cause ruin to the greek and roman world?" Nefeli loved the back and forth, she loved the real answers she hated who it was with and why.

"Partly, but know this, it is not me who fears as much as it is my father and grandmother." Morpheus wanted her to know that he didn't think she was a problem but everyone else. His daughter meant the world to him, mainly because her mother meant the world to him.

"They're scared I'll share a prophecy too soon?" Nefeli didn't see the harm in it.

"I know it all seems mundaince and small to you now Nefeli, as it does to me, but trust one day soon, it will be clear to us the power your dreams hold." Morpheus sighed.

"You speak in riddles." Nefeli muttered her head resting in the palm of her hand.

Morpheus broke out into a loud laugh. He almost struggled to catch his breath from his daughter's words.