024 | Eating Grovers Hair To Avoid Converstation

—𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 consumed Nefeli's sight, as she looked around her surroundings

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 consumed Nefeli's sight, as she looked around her surroundings.

The burn orange confmurter under her and stars hung from the ceiling told her she was back at camp, in her cabin. Quickly her head snapped around, unsure if she was having a dream or if it was reality. After saving Percy, walking back in the cold, and being forced to ride in a smelly truck, she was not upset to be back in her cabin.

"Hello?" She called out, hearing the floorboards freak under someone's weight. Immediately she stood to her feet and began to take small steps closer to the door.

There was a white glow under it, maybe a new vision or prophecy. Slowly she inches closer, her heart beating with every second that passed-

With a loud gasp, Nefeli was shaken awake by the pillow she used, Percy Jackson. After the entire ordeal they were friendly with eacother, they'd grown comfortable with each other after nearly loosing one another.

"What was that for?" Nefeli groaned holding a hand above her head to keep the light out of her eyes. Percy was crouching down in front of her with a sheepish smile from waking her up.

"Nefeli come on, you sweet talk Chiron the best, he won't be mad when he hears from you." Annabeth held the prism in her hand.

"But I was sleeping." She groaned standing up along with Percy and made her way over to hay stack Annabeth sat on, "A princess needs her beauty sleep."

"And what where you the princess of, drool?" Percy bit back in the friendliest way imaginable while smiling at her.

"Watch it Kelp head, it's way too early." Nefeli mumbled and Perch plopped down next to Annabeth on the hay stack.

When Annabeth stuck her hand out, Nefeli rolled her eyes and reluctantly reached into her pocket for a drachma. The way you have to pay the gods never say right with Nefeli.

"What's that for?" Percy asked having watched the interaction.

"You have to pay for the gods." Nefeli answered leaning her head back on the metal box.

"Like renting? Or a free trial-" Percy tried to make sense of the situation, but that hardly ever worked out for him.

"I'm trying to focus." Annabeth jerked, "Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow, please accept my offering. Show me camp halfblood, Chirons office."

Nefeli's stomach turned at the thought of camp. Where they alright? Preparing for war that was creeping up on them like doomsday? Or maybe it was the scared animals squalling that made it hard for her to think.