030 | Honey Bee and Maple Tree

— 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 wasted no time and had talked her ear off as she stuff her face with the best crunchy green grapes and fruits imaginable

— 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 wasted no time and had talked her ear off as she stuff her face with the best crunchy green grapes and fruits imaginable. She didn't realize how much she missed all of the food until it was place in front of her.

Nobody could make the first good meal in a while look so graceful, but Nefeli Kingston managed to do just that. He almost fell over wtahcing her, without the stress of the quest keeping him strained, he found it easier to be with her.

"And now i'm waiting to go back home." He finished his story as she finished her third plate. He didn't think he'd ever miss the sight of someone's raised brows, someone's curiosity, until he met her. For a moment she looked him over, taking in all he had said to her.

"That's... a lot." She gulped, suddenly feeling scared knowing soon she'd share her side of the story, the Roman blood in her veins. It was all a tricky matter seeing as she could be corrupting Percy's decisions in the future.

"I mean a lot can change in a week," He added clearing his throat hoping she'd notice the way he looked better than he did ont he quest. A regular shower each night, product in his curls, a fresher change of clothes. Maybe orange wasn't his color but he worked it just fine.

"It was barely three hours where i was stuck at." Nefeli snorted thinking of how in the span of three hours her life managed to change more than Percy's did in a week. Maybe the events were so different that they could not be weighed on the same scale, all the factors differ except the fact that they are just kids.

"Did a lot change?" He tilted his head. She rested her head on the back of both her hands as her elbows where propped up on the table, her empty plate discarded.

"You could say that." She pursed her lips together nodding, her tongue pushing at the edge of her cheeks.

"You don't have to talk about it." Percy reminded seeing her shift in expression, he didn't want to poke too hard, nothing to ruin the calm between them.

"I know." Nefeli rolled her eyes as the pair stood. Somehow they both knew it was time to walk back, and without saying it allowed, they bagan to make there way to her cabin after she dropped off her plates.

Annabeth watched from her place, seeing them walk without shame together. A luxury. If she wasn't disapointment enough who she wanted to walk with was enough to make her one. Her lip was caught between her teeth as an uneasy feeling set in her stomach.

They were like a Honey Bee and Maple Tree in her mind. A sweet match, so perfect and innocent, a tale that had been written before because it the normal boy and girl made for each other thing, Boy and Girl.

"But we should talk..." Percy trailed off clearing his throat, his hnds deep in the pockets of his pants and his head angled down. The evening breeze settled and brushed past them, the sky a beatuiful orange.

"About?"

"How one of us is in love and the other of us is too scared to say so." Percy let out a nervous laugh. It wasn't something they could deny anymore. Maybe Nefeli didn't have as much time to think about what she wanted but Percy sure did.