22

Christmas Day
This Year (Part 3)

I was mortified.

So much so that I have been hiding out in Lucy's bedroom ever since, hoping that Grayson and what's-her-name would just hurry up and leave already.

If Phillip wasn't on the other side of the country right now, I would kick his ass.

Then again, it's not his fault. It was mine and Cody's crazy ass plan—and it almost worked.

Tonight was a freakin rollercoaster, honestly. But amidst all the drama and chaos, I think I realised something.

I still wanted to be with Grayson.

I just feel overwhelmed whenever I am around him, and like, I get butterflies.

I hear Lucy's bedroom door open and then close behind me. "Is he still here?" I wondered, thinking that it was Lucy.

"I'm still here." He says, his voice deep and calm—like a tranquil ocean.

I turn to face him, and I got butterflies again.

"Where's Viola?" I asked him.

He smiled. "Her name is Valerie, and... she left."

Oh?

"Shouldn't you be with her?"

He takes a breath. "I have a confession to make."

Oh?

"Valerie and I aren't actually dating. She's a girl who works at my mom's office and, she owed me a favor."

So he was also fake dating someone?

Huh...

"Oh?" I tried to play it cool.

"There's no one like you, Little Cooper."

He hasn't called me that in so long.

I used to hate it, but now...

"I mean, there is no one else I would jump in front of a car for."

I stand up from the bed and look into his blue eyes before throwing my arms around him and melting in his warm embrace. He feels like home...

The hug lasted for what seemed like forever, and it was everything.

He was everything, to me.

I think I might be in love with him—in my own weird way, but in love nonetheless.

Lucy

"Tonight was quite a shit show." Hannah laughed.

"Not all of it." Jake smirked.

I get the feeling that I am missing something...

Oh my god...

Did they?

"Did you guys get back together?" I asked both Hannah and Jake.

"No." Hannah said.

"We're just... figuring things out." Jake says.

Right....

Wait.

Why are there two more people missing?

"Where's Grayson and Valerie?" I asked the group.

"Valerie left. Something about drafts or something..." Cody says. "And Grayson went upstairs to talk to Dallas."