31

Dallas

The world was returning to it's axis.

Don't get me wrong, I was still upset with Hannah and Grayson, but after everything that has happened: all of the crazy shit!

I didn't want to stay angry with them.

It happened months ago, and I was the idiot who decided to break things off with Grayson in the first place.

All because I was afraid.

I was afraid to admit to myself two simple truths.

The first being the obvious; I am both clearly and utterly gay.

Wow.

I can't believe I just said that... Okay, technically I didn't say it, but I thought it.

I am gay.

And the second; I am in love with a boy and his name is Grayson Evander Scott.

Now all I had to do was tell him that.

How do I tell him?

It didn't exactly take the last time I tried, what with discovering that he and Hannah hooked up, which, is still very shocking to me.

I nervously bite down on my fingernails as I approached Grayson's dorm, which was technically also Mitchell's dorm—when he wasn't off with Lucy, that was. With every step I grew closer to their dorm, I could feel my heart rate accelerating.

From what I had been told, he was feeling much better, but he still had bruises and cuts that were visible, which made sense.

I've tried to block that night out.

All I wanted was to go back in time and stop myself from going in the first place. Like, why couldn't I have stayed home?

If I had never gone out with Avery and his lunatic brothers, perhaps Grayson wouldn't have gotten hurt.

I was getting sick and tired of being at fault for Grayson's misfortune.

I bet he hates me.

I finally reach the door to their room and I ready myself to knock before pausing.

This was a mistake.

I can't tell him that I love him, not like this.

I decided to get over myself and just knock on the door. As my closed fist collided with the painted wood of the door, it slowly creaks open, which, at first, startled me.

I push the door open and take a look inside.

"Grayson?" I voiced.

There was no sign of life.

I would have expected to find their dorm room a mess. After living with Mitchell for, well, the entirety of my life, I would have thought his college dorm room would be equally as messy as his one back home. Instead, both beds were made.