A7 C217: Extra - Lost Soul's Home

The sunset was too magnificent, causing people to habitually look up at the clouds in the sky, neglecting the gloom in the dark alley.

At the entrance of Alley No. 13, many lost souls lingered. They were people who died unjustly in their previous lives, unable to be reincarnated or move on. They could only be like bystanders, witnessing the joys and sorrows of the people around them day after day.

Later, a child died in an upstairs rental room, adding a new member to these lost souls.

But the little lost soul didn't speak. Covered in blood, maintaining the appearance of death, he sat alone in the corner, always staring at the alley they could never escape from.

Every day, countless pedestrians passed by the entrance of the alley. A stranger, a young man of about seventeen or eighteen, would frequently stop here. He looked cold and reserved, slinging a black backpack over his shoulder. Although simple, he appeared neat and clean, a stark contrast to the dirty and dilapidated alley.

After school every day, the young man would sit at the alley entrance for a while. He paid no attention to the dark night or the dusty ground, seemingly wanting to spend a moment here. Occasionally, he would take out his homework, place it on his knees, and write under the streetlight.

The little lost soul sat quietly beside the young man, keeping him company. Even though not all of them could see or hear each other.

The young man's health was not great; if he sat for too long, he would accidentally fall asleep against the wall. At such times, the little lost soul would secretly pick up his pen and draw a crooked map to the bus stop on his notepad. The scarred wrists, covered in dried blood scabs, struggled to hold the pen, writing down a series of crooked words.

[Take Bus No. 6, go home]

[Remember to eat, take a shower, and sleep]

The young man woke up in a daze, suddenly finding the crooked words on his notebook. He was momentarily stunned but didn't pay too much attention, considering it a memo written during his sleepy state.

He got up from the ground, packed his bag, and left, leaving behind a wrapped candy in a glassine paper.

The young man seemed to be commemorating someone. Every time he came, he would leave one, even though it was always taken away by mice.

The little lost soul stood at the alley entrance, watching him leave, then silently returned to the corner of the alley, hugging his knees in solitude. He seemed eager to tell the young man about his existence but feared scaring him away.

This continued for many years. Later, for some unknown reason, the young man never came back, not even once.

The lives of the lost souls were too boring, and everyone pointed and talked about it. The final destination of the deceased was being forgotten by the living. They never expected that the man would later learn about their unjust deaths from an old police officer, spending several years sporadically adapting it into a book.

Later on, their souls entered the game created by the young man in his writing.

【When the game world collapsed, it also meant the collapse of the world in the book. Those lost souls were erased by the game, but you used a wish card to resurrect them in their respective worlds.】

Before unbinding, the system tries to clarify things for Jiang Weimian.

Jiang Weimian still doesn't understand: "Although me and them are from the same world, everyone died at different times and places. Why, after resurrection, do I encounter them?"