A8 C244: Setting Off Fireworks

Separated by the cold railing, Sang Feiwan pressed his face tightly against Baili Duyue's hand. He didn't mind exposing his vulnerable throat to the air, nor did he care about the deep hatred in Baili Duyue's bite from earlier. He just... suddenly wanted to hug him.

Just holding him, even if nothing else, would be enough...

He wanted to comfort Baili Duyue, to kiss him, to tell him not to be sad and not to cry...

This person is really silly...

Even though Baili Duyue was severely injured and imprisoned, with his spiritual power, killing Sang Feiwan would be effortless. He could do many things, but he only bit Sang Feiwan once.

He could only bite Sang Feiwan once.

Unable to bear killing him but filled with extreme hatred, he could only awkwardly lie on the ground, holding onto him like a mad dog, biting tightly onto his flesh.

This was much harder than skinning, and much more painful...

Sang Feiwan had never had red eyes before, even though he had often acted pitifully in front of Baili Duyue in the past. Seeing this appearance, Baili Duyue unconsciously stopped his biting. He stared at Sang Feiwan through the cold iron bars, his lips still wet with blood, his eyes still crimson and unfading.

Sang Feiwan whispered, "Duyue, come closer..."

He endured the sharp pain in his wrist and softly called out with an unprecedented gentle tone, "Duyue, come a bit closer..."

Baili Duyue didn’t move, like a wounded beast, his eyes filled with caution and suspicion, seeming to doubt the truth in Sang Feiwan's words.

Sang Feiwan had no choice but to stretch his hand into the cage, gently touching Baili Duyue's pale cheek, wiping away the blood from the corner of his lips, and whispered, "Listen to me, take the inner core and the Snow Soul Bead together, okay?"

He felt heartbroken as he touched Baili Duyue's cheek, knowing that his injuries must be severe, but there was nothing he could do. He held onto Baili Duyue's fingertips, kissing them repeatedly, repeating the same sentence, "Listen to me, take the Snow Soul Bead and the inner core together... Listen to me..."

He hoped that Baili Duyue would trust him this time.

The Empress had been hiding by the wall in the corner, not daring to show herself. Seeing Baili Duyue in such a state reminded her of past events. She covered her face with her hands, crying silently, feeling as if her heart was being twisted by a knife.

Just as Sang Feiwan wanted to persuade further, he didn’t know if they had stayed too long, arousing suspicion. Suddenly, there were faint and chaotic footsteps outside, followed by the probing call of a guard holding a sword, "Empress? Empress?"

The Empress stiffened at the words, instantly awakened, and subconsciously looked towards Sang Feiwan, "Not good, the imperial guards must be here. Go!"

Hearing this, Sang Feiwan was also shocked, realizing they had stayed too long. He hesitated, seeming to want to say something more, but was forcefully dragged away by the Empress.

"Hurry! If we don't leave now, it'll be too late!"

The guard at the door, seeing the Empress inside for too long and feeling uneasy, fearing that something might go wrong and incur the Emperor's wrath, was about to risk entering to check. But as soon as he took a step, he saw the Empress, accompanied by the black-clothed guard, coming out.

The guard quickly bowed and saluted, "Empress."

The Empress, with no emotional expression, pulled down her hat to cover most of her face and coldly instructed, "Inside are esteemed guests from the Four Realms. Treat them with respect and do not use private punishment. If the Emperor asks, say that I have never been here. If any of you dare to leak this out, be prepared to face consequences for the entire clan."