A8 C224: Love in the Lake

The effect of the Dragon Flower lasts only half an hour, and as long as they endure through this period, everything will be fine. Holding Baili Duyue in his arms, they slowly immersed themselves in the icy lake under the night sky, shivering simultaneously.

San Feiwan felt the chill, while Baili Duyue experienced a relieving comfort from the previous heat. With his eyes tightly shut, eyelashes trembling, his face and neck gradually turned crimson, leaning weakly against San Feiwan's shoulder. The waist-length white hair floated on the water's surface, soft and translucent like feathers, enchanting and alluring like a spirit serpent.

San Feiwan allowed Baili Duyue to struggle with discomfort, silently waiting for the effects of the medicine to fade. However, he clearly underestimated the potency of the Dragon Orchid. In less than half a teacup's time, Baili Duyue's body temperature surged again, breathing became rapid, even more severe than the previous episode.

Baili Duyue's throat seemed to be hoarse, unconsciously frowning, murmuring, "So hot... San Feiwan..."

"San Feiwan..."

His expression faintly revealed pain.

San Feiwan frowned, "Endure a bit more."

Once the medicine's effects pass, everything will be fine.

Baili Duyue, suffering intensely, suddenly bit San Feiwan's shoulder through their clothes, as if retaliating against the person preventing him from moving.

"Ugh..."

San Feiwan didn't expect this action, groaning in pain, his arm tightening, firmly holding Baili Duyue's waist. He turned to look at Baili Duyue, frowned, and said in a low voice, "Relax!"

It sounded somewhat stern.

Baili Duyue, seemingly influenced by fear, trembled at the words and obediently released his bite. Using his wet white hair, like a cat, he rubbed against San Feiwan's jaw, crying softly:

"But I feel so uncomfortable..."

San Feiwan sensed the soft and harmless touch on his shoulder, paused involuntarily, feeling Baili Duyue now seemed like a completely different person from daylight. Seeing that Baili Duyue was still in extreme discomfort, he fell into silence for a moment. Unconsciously, he extended a hand, chilled by the lake, and gently touched Baili Duyue's cheek.

The sensation beneath his palm was scorching, making him feel like he covered a burning coal, caught in a dilemma.

"..."

San Feiwan didn't understand why he acted this way, but he did. There was a strange feeling in his heart.

Baili Duyue found the hand very comforting, tilted his head to rub against it, but it still felt like scratching an itch over a boot, unable to relieve the pain. At some point, he quietly slipped out of San Feiwan's embrace and stood together with him in the water.

"I feel so uncomfortable..."

Baili Duyue buried himself in San Feiwan's neck, bewildered and at a loss, his pained expression deepening.

"Why is it like this…”

Between their chests, it felt as if a wildfire was burning, scorching the depths of their lungs, and their complexion turned as red as if blood was about to drip, with dry and pale lips.

San Feiwan quickly sensed Baili Duyue's abnormality. He originally frowned, intending to move away, but suddenly realized that the temperature on the other's face was scalding, as if he was going through an internal strife.

In matters of love, repression was never as effective as openness. Enduring blindly could lead to self-harm, especially since Baili Duyue had already depleted his spiritual energy and was currently in an emotionally unstable state. Unable to withstand such turmoil, he ended up half-dazed. His body was like a kite with its string broken, and he slipped silently into the water.