Who's There?

Jada

Tash and I are now heading from the salon to get some groceries as we're running low..but before that, we're gonna get Starbucks.

but before that, we're gonna get Starbucks

(Jada's Nails)

"Oh no there you go starting up a fire, oh no, no" Tash sang Blasting Liar by Camilla Cabello on the radio.

I didn't care much I just sat scrolling through Instagram on my phone now concerned by the message that came in from an unknown number.

'What are you gonna get from Starbucks?' The message read.

What?

It was a Jamaican number which made it even creepier. How did whosoever this was know where Tash and I were heading?

That was too specific to be called a mistake.

'Don't ignore me Jada' the same number messaged again.

"Tash" I called over the loud music simultaneously looking up from my phone.

"Ye?"

"One unknown number a text mi"

"Seh wa?"

"Dem know mi name and a know weh we a guh now"

"Ask a who"

'Who this?' I replied.

'we've met before'

"weh dem seh?" Tash asked parking in the car in the parking lot.

Without responding to her I handed her my phone for her to read herself.

"who you meet before?"

"no one recent"

"Mi block the number" Tash responded handing me back my phone.

Her blocking the number somewhat calmed the feeling in the pit of my stomach but the whole time we spent in Starbucks I felt as if I was being watched.

When since people start stalk mi?..no sah

___________

I hummed at the taste of my Carmel frappuccino.

"Can taste it please" Tash begged handing me her drink.

I handed her mine taking a sip out of hers it tasted more like strawberries.

I don't like strawberries.

She handed me back my drink and I gave her hers.

__________

"Mi want snacks" Tash complained after I placed mixed vegetables in the trolley.

"Then gwaan guh pick dem up nuh mi soon come," I told her picking up healthy food essentials.

"mi nuh want nuh broccoli" I told my self placing the item back before turning around.