Motherly Misunderstanding

Jada

I opened my phone responding to Tash's message.

Shithouse❤️😑💩🤚:

Mi a go ova yuh house.

Mi deh work

So?

Alr dyt

"Jada yah buy lunch? If yes mi a beg yuh by sumn fi mi" Taniesha one of the hairdressers as well as someone who I spoke to called.

"Mmm," I answered now distracted by Vladimir's message.

"Mek ya smile so? A who a text yuh?" she taunted which widened the smile on my face.

"Nuh mus har mada Jada look like she can get man?" Kayla one of the nail techs interrupted.

Ok, that's just low-key hating. Mi woulda think a little joke she a run if the attitude inna har voice and face expression neva say otherwise.

"Girl nuh call mi name inna yuh mouth." I answered hissing my teeth.

"Yes, Jada weh ya guh do bout it" she answered emphasizing my name playing it off with a smile

"Yuh lucky mi like mi job and inna a good mood else mi woulda lick in yuh big face" I answered with a fake smile of my own before leaving for lunch.

_________________________________________

My eyebrows furrowed seeing police cars, vans, and trucks along with the ambulance.

Weh dem a do here?

I called Tash's phone to tell her to open the door as I had luggage. But, her phone went straight to voicemail.

Girl, ansa yuh phone nuh.

I looked up from my phone with furrowed eyebrows seeing a male officer approach me.

"Good evening Jada, I'm assuming you are the occupant of Room 126A?"

"Ye...yes" I skeptically answered.

"I'm also assuming Ms. Boreland is your friend."

Who him a talk?....

Ohhhhhh Tash.

"Yeah."

He took a deep breath before continuing.

"Tasheika was shot five times and is severely injured which leads to the making of your apartment a crime scene. Do you have anywhere to stay apart from here for the next few weeks?"

Automatically, my bags fell from my hands.

A muss joke him a mek to pussyclaat.

"A prank?" I asked followed by a scoff.

"Good evening Jada" he started before walking off to another group of officers who watched.

Angrily, I picked up my luggage and walked to my apartment.

A affi joke dem a fucking mek.

"I'm sorry ma'am this scene is restricted and only Authorities are permitted."

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

This real? The officer left me and went back to whatever it was that he was doing.