Stupidity Hits Like A Train

College AU + Human AU

Prompt; Branch has been admiring his crush from afar, lacking the ability to make the bold move of finally interacting with her. Poppy is more than aware, and expected to be confessed to. When she realized that wasn't happening anytime soon, she tries to confront him.

  "I see the way you look at me when you think I'm not looking." Poppy said with a cheeky grin, immediately catching the attention of the tan male. His eyes snapped towards her and his body froze in place like a deer in headlights.

He panicked, his body trembling under her gaze. What could he possibly do in this situation? Two choices: Deny it, or pretend like he never heard her and make a hasty escape.

Branch pondered for a brief moment, before making a third option: Respond with an open-ended statement.

"Of course you do, you have eyes."

  Silence. The atmosphere had become unbearably tense with silence. Her expression held confusion and her smile turned into a small frown. Branch gulped, feeling like breathing was no longer a possible option for him to do. 

  Run! RUN AWAY, his mind tried to convince him. But, he didn't move. Not a single finger

  They continued to stare at each other, waiting for the other to react what had been said. If any animal were allowed in the building, it would be crickets to complete the awkward situation.

  Just then, he heard Poppy erupt into laughter, snorting in between. Branch could've swore in that particular moment, he had fallen deeply in love with Poppy White.

  Poppy smiled and wiped away a tear that ran down her cheek. "Oh, wow. I didn't think that would be your response." She admitted, stepping closer towards Branch. He remained in place, allowing her to close the space between them.

"You're really cute." She whispers in his ear, her breath fanning over his skin. He gulped, clenching his hands into tight fists. Poppy quietly giggled at his reaction and cupped his cheek with a hand.

She tilted his head towards her, her lips hovering over his. Branch closed his eyes and leaned forward, finally feeling bold enough to act out his fantasy. Their lips connected into a sweet kiss, Poppy wrapping her arms around his neck.

It grew more intimate, and heated. Poppy knew if they were in either of their apartments rather than an empty class hall, things would've escalated.

She licked his bottom lip before pulling away, catching her breath.

"You taste like blueberries." Poppy noted, her smile growing wider as she stared at him.

Branch held onto her hands, unconsciously running his thumb over in circles. He smiled in return.

"So.. You like me too?"

"I think it's obvious. But.. if it's not, do you need me to confirm that?"

"Yes please."