Sucker For Your Love

VAMPIRE AU

Prompt: A sudden outbreak had occurred, several trolls feasting on any nearby trolls, and reeking of the unpleasant smell of blood. A few managed to survive, hiding away in their respective homes, and only ever going out during the day for any resources.

Branch was one of the many survivors, and Poppy was not.

"Oh, come on Branch." Her voice, sweet yet taunting as ever, echoed through his living room. So indifferent from how it previously sounded, it sent bone-chilling waves across his body. How did she fall victim so quickly? He failed her.

Branch turned to look at her, unwavering. "Seems like you've come back for another miserable attempt." He coldly spat out, ridding his voice of any emotion.

To be vulnerable, he would be digging his own grave with his two bare hands. He'd fall mercilessly in her arms, leaving behind the trolls that depended on his strength.

Branch couldn't do that, he couldn't leave behind the terrified children to fend for themselves. He couldn't leave behind his family.

Poppy feigned a look of hurt, placing a palm over her nonexistent heart. A void that was once filled with compassion and warmth, had turned so dark. She no longer held such kindness. "You kill me and with it, my feelings Branchifer."

"You know that's not true." He simply replied, cold eyes turning to look at the open window. "You're not who you once were." Branch began towards the kitchen, holding a stack of vegetables in his arms.

Poppy followed, a bewitching smile on her lips. "Darling, that is a lie only you seek comfort in." Her words provoked him to halt, his ears twitching in a way that let her know, she had him. "Did our moment a few days ago seem any different of me?" Her eyes lowered to his thighs for a brief moment before making their way back up to his face.

Branch slammed his fist onto the table, releasing his pent up anger through the violent gesture. "Quit it. You are not Poppy." His tone lowered, and Poppy only relished his reaction. Her smile turned wicked, soon letting out a low giggle.

She sauntered towards him, slowly wrapping her arms over his body. Her fingers trailed along his biceps, peppering them with ghostly kisses that made his skin tingle. He sucked in a breath, dangerously hovering his lips over hers, and with every ounce of his willpower, Branch held back from giving in.

Poppy licked her lips, "You know it's not true, love." She whispered into his ear, her hot breath fanning against his skin. He gulped, placing a hand on her waist, and squeezing it once.

  "Give in. You know you want to."

"I'm not going to. Ever." Branch breathed out, determined to push her away and the silent offer that came along. As much as he loved her, he was in no position to abandon the remains of what once was Troll Village.

Poppy pouted, gently pushing him away. "Guess I couldn't convince ya." She sighed and turned, crossing her arms over her chest. "No matter how much love you've got for me, you still won't accept." Her voice lowered to a whisper, and she didn't dare look back at his piercing gaze.

Because she knew, she'd give up her title for him.

  She would do anything for him. And him only.

Branch frowned. "And as much as you love me, you won't abandon them. You'll continue to enlarge the population of your species."

Poppy made her way towards a closed window and with a single push, it opened wide. Branch only watched, carefully and with a look of disappointment. Neither could convince each other, it was completely hopeless.

"You know I can't, I'm their queen after all." She dejectedly replied, looking back with fresh tears in her eyes. Branch nearly cracked, his arms wanting to reach out to her. But, he remained in place, listening. "I just wish you would join me, to take the role of my partner, and free me of the emptiness of my palace."

Branch lowered his head, "But, you know I can't either. As King of Pop Troll Village, it is my duty to protect them from any danger. Any."

"And that's what I love about you." Poppy smiled,

"Just know, I'm not giving up on you." She flapped her wings and jumped out of the window, disappearing towards the direction of VampTroll Kingdom.

Branch closed the curtains and slumped against the wall, finally breaking out into tears. He gripped his vest into his fists and exhaled, "Damnit,"

"I need to give up on you, Poppy."

saw a drawing for this au and wanted to do a one-shot on it, it's a little sloppy + i may do another Vampire AU shot cause i like the idea (may do the opposite for the next one: Vampire! Troll Branch x Pop Troll Poppy)