Chapter 5: Vanilla

———B E N E D I C T———

They all deserved to die. They all deserved to feel pain in their last moments alive. They all deserved to be hated, to be known as the most despicable species alive.

And as I sat in my chair studying the male in front of me, I could only see him as one of them.

It didn't matter that his rogue scent was somewhat hidden because his natural scent, the scent he would've had if he was never a filthy rogue, the scent I could only describe as vanilla, wasn't the only smell that emitted off him.

I doubt anyone else could smell the vanilla scent radiating off of him, and I would've liked to have that privilege because the only reason I smelled the vanilla scent he emits was because I was his mate.

I was this rogue's mate which meant his scent was heightened for me and for me alone. 

And I hated that fact with my whole being.

I didn't want to smell the vanilla scent he still somehow held.

I wanted to smell the boy like how everyone else smelt him, I wanted to look at him and smell a rogue so it would be easier to discard our bond.

I didn't want a scent to make me actually like a disgusting rogue but my wolf was howling for him, he wanted me to make the boy ours, he wanted me to ignore the fact that the boy still smelled like rogue. Impossible.

" Brother "

I turned my head, my eyes catching on my sister who was tasked with bringing the rogue to me.

Apparently, my mate was the only rogue who got captured by my warriors.

Most of my mates brethren were killed during the attack because they couldn't defend themselves against my warriors but I was told some did end up escaping the attack they started.

The only thing that calmed me at the moment was the fact that although some escaped, not many did or would even survive the night with the wounds they were given.

I trailed my eyes over my mate's body before realizing there was a blood stain on his shirt.

He looked to be in pain because of the no doubt nasty wound hiding beneath his shirt. Good.

The rogue in front of me was the only rogue that was taken because he was unconscious and was deemed not a threat, so my warriors decided it would be best to bring him here so I can get answers out of him.

But oh how I wish he was killed last night so I didn't have to see him today.

" Sit " I said through gritted teeth

My sister smiled at me as she walked my mate to the seat in front of my desk. I watched as she let my mate sit down on the chair, making sure he was situated before coming to stand by me.

Remind me to throw that chair away later, I mind-linked my sister who continued to smile at the male in front of me.

Be nice, brother, She answered me, not taking her eyes off my mate.

" Name? " I sighed as I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen.

He didn't answer me, he simply continued to sit in the chair as he looked down at the ground.

" Don't make this harder than it has to be " My sister spoke softly

" ... Micheal " He eventually spoke, lifting his eyes from the floor.

" Micheal what? " I sighed again, looking into his tired eyes.

" Micheal... Micheal Davis " His eyes quickly darted back down to the floor as he answered me.

" Where is the rest of your pack located? " I asked as I wrote down his name

" We don't have a camp set up, we were just passing through "

" So there's about 15 people in your pack, including you? " I raised my brow " Because there were 11 dead bodies and about 4 or 5 people escaped "

" Yup " He said shortly, not moving his eyes off the floor

I looked over at Beatrix who had her eyes trained on Micheal, her eyebrows nit together.

" Will they come back for you? " I asked, looking at Micheal from the corner of my eye.

" No, they probably think I'm dead " Micheal looked up, looking at me with a straight face. " They won't come back with such low numbers anyway " He spoke in a quiet voice, like he knew they wouldn't come back for him but at the same time, he couldn't believe that they wouldn't.

I ran a hand through my hair before turning away from Beatrix, my attention solely on Micheal.

" Fine " I said shortly before picking up my phone and dialing my beta. " You wanna do this the hard way? We'll do this the hard way "

" Hey, Sam " I spoke as soon as he picked up.

" Hey, Benny " He answered. I growled at the nickname which made a chuckle escape his lips. " What's up? " He spoke casually.

" I need more warriors patrolling the edge of our land " I spoke with my eyes trained on Micheal.

" In one specific area or do you mean to assign more warriors all around the perimeter? "

" Assign more warriors all around the perimeter " I clarified " I also need a few groups of warriors to go outside our territory and hunt some rogues that are nearby. I'll be joining them "

" Alright " My beta spoke before ending the call

I stood from my spot on the chair before walking towards my mate.

" I don't believe a single thing that has come out of your mouth... Micheal " I bent down, speaking into his ear. " I will find your pack and kill everyone you have ever loved. Then, I will kill you " I smiled

He shivered as my breath hit his ear, his lips pressed tightly together.

" Set a date for his execution " I spoke as I stood up straight " Because I doubt it will take long for us to find his pack and kill them all " I smiled as I walked out of my office that now smelled like a mix of rogue and vanilla.

———