Chapter 31: Help ❌

———A S H E R———

Sexual Assault/ Abuse

I walked up the steps, my fingers tangled together with Beatrix's.

She was shaking, her hand clenched around mine as if she needed me to survive this terrible day.

And to be fair, I didn't doubt that she needed someone to hold on to... someone to depend on so she could try to survive the pain she went through today.

After what she's been through, I didn't doubt that the pain she went through today will be stuck in her head for years or even decades because she'll never be able to not think about being touched without consent.

But I was glad I could help her. I was glad I could hold her hand through it.

I was glad I could make her feel less afraid... make her feel like she wasn't being dragged through hell. She didn't deserve it. No one did.

We walked through the hallways, both of our minds muddled with thoughts of Benedict and Beatrix's torturer being left alone together.

I held her hand tightly as we walked to Benedict's room, our shoulders occasionally bumping together.

I let out a deep sigh once we reached the door to Benedict's room, knowing I would be safe with Beatrix once we both walked through the doorframe and turned the lock on the door.

" Where did Ambrose take that little bitch? I haven't seen either of them for what seems like forever. I've been dealing with the fucking pack-mates  while what I really wanna do is fuck the bitch or should I say 'whore' again as I watch her beg for me to stop thrusting into her tight pussy. Ha, like that would ever happen " My eyes widened as I heard men chuckling and talking, the voices becoming louder and louder every second.

I felt Beatrix tighten her grip on my hand, her body shaking even more as she heard the men.

" I recognize that voice " She mumbled, her voice quiet as she spoke to me " It's one of the men from earlier " She confirmed, her eyes teary when I looked at her.

" Is there someone over there? " I heard a different voice ask " To the left, I think I heard something " He spoke, directing all of the other men to come our way.

I took a breath before opening Benedict's door, letting go of Beatrix's hand before pushing her inside.

...If I went in with her they would break down the doors of every room in this hallway so they could find the voice they heard. I would rather they found me than her, she's been through enough.

Far more than enough.

So I could deal with them alone for her sake.

My heart was beating out of my chest as I grabbed onto the handle, starting to pull the door shut.

" Lock the door. Do NOT come out " I spoke, my voice firm but quiet as I looked at the frightened woman.

" Ash- " She tried to protest, her voice weak.

" Lock the door. Do. Not. Come. Out " I emphasized every word of my second sentence, forcing a smile as she nodded seconds later.