CHAPTER: 15

Hey guys!!! I hope you're doing well. I'm really sorry for not updating the story. I was very busy with work. But anyways here's the new chapter I hope you're going to like it.
Happy reading 🫶

Author's pov:

She saw him leaving. He sat in his car and left, and the moment his car was out the mansion she ran back to his room and closed the door, as she slid down on the floor. And all the tears she was holding down poured out of her eyes.

"Why is here?"  The one constant thought was clouding her mind.
She was broken beyond repair and no one was there to notice it. Because not all hearts break loudly. Some hearts break quietly, piece by piece, day by day. Until one morning you wake up and realise that you don't enjoy the things you once did. You know longer laugh. You don't recognise yourself anymore. You no longer feel anything.
This is the saddest kind of heartbreak, one that breaks unnoticed by anyone not even itself.
That's what happened to her. No one noticed heart breaking down her lost smile her dull eyes.

On the other hand Adrian was thinking about the reason why she was crying? what could have possibly happened? why she hasn't unpack her suitcase? why she don't have breakfast regularly? why she was scared of him? there was millions of question inside his head and because of these questions he was not able to focus on any work.

Not being able to understand or do anything about today's incident he slammed his laptop shut and  called Nick in his office.

10 minutes later Nick entered his office.

"I went to the mansion yesterday." He said.

"Okay. And?"

"She was sleeping when I got there, and when she saw me this morning, she got scared and then some servents told me that she doesn't eat breakfast. Then I found her crying in the lawn. I just don't understand anything."

"So, what can I do in this."

" You have visited the mansion few times in these past couple of months, so I thought Maybe you know why is she scared of me."

" No I don't, why don't you ask her? She's your wife afterall."

With that he left the office

Few hours later I left for the mansion

I found her in our room she was engrossed in a book, so she didn't noticed me. I walked towards her and asked "What are you reading?"
She startled hearing my voice and closed the book with a snap immediately.

"No-nothing." She said.

" Okay. Let me take shower then we'll have dinner downstairs." I said

30 minutes later

He came out of shower and moved inside the closet to change into tshirt and lowers.

He went down and find her sitting silently. Hi log surround and saw the dining table was set so he went towards her and said "let's go have dinner." she look at him and nodded her head in yes.

The both had dinner in silence she was still confused about his behaviour how come he suddenly wants to engage with her and talk with her and want to have dinner with her what changed she was thinking she was looking at him now and then.
He noticed that rather than eating she is playing with the food so he looked at her and caught her looking at him.
"Is something wrong why are you eating your food." He asked, to which she replied "I had a meal few hours ago so I am not hungry."

He looked at her and nodded his head in yes and said "Still you should eat something or else you're gonna get sick."

And that was it she suddenly snapped at him

"Since when do you care. Now if you excuse me I'm gonna get some sleep."
And she stormed out of the dining room and went towards the guest room she used to stay and slam the door closed please set on the bed with her head in on her knees.

'Why is he doing this? what does he want? why is he pretending that he did not left me for 5 months? He did not care if I am alive or not in these 5 months then why the sudden change of behaviour . How can I act like everything's normal after he abandoned me for 5 months?  How can I act like everything is fine even after everything I went through?

After half an hour later,  she went into his room and found the room empty, the first thought that came into her mind was that he left again. She took a deep breath and went towards the bed and lay down closing her eyes but sleep was far away from her.

She was still awake when she felt the bed beside her tipped but she did not open her eyes because she knew the person who was lying besides her on the bed.

She ignored him and try to sleep. And after sometime she fell asleep.

On the other hand, when Adrian entered the room he saw her laying on a bed with closed eyes. He also went to bed and he looked at her realising that she is not asleep at all, she is trying to ignore him so he decided to let it go for now, he will talk to her in the morning but he could not move his eyes away from her he looked at her and she was looking extremely beautiful. Then he thought how badly he had treated her in these 5 months and he started to feel sorry for her and angry at himself for leaving her alone all this time. He make up is mind that he will do everything he can to make sure that she gets a good life.

He also didn't realise when he fell asleep while thinking about her.

Soooo, what do you think?
Tell me your thoughts about Adrian's change in behaviour?
Anyways I'll try to update as soon as possible.
Till then stay healthy and safe, spread kindness. And please vote and comment it's free.