Chapter 21

Hey guys!!! I hope you're doing well 😊. So here's the new chapter of the story I hope you enjoy it.

Okay the target was not completed this time also. But I'm not the kind of person who will stop posting the chapters because of this. Still I will set the targets on every chapter and your response will tell me if you liked the chapter or not.
I'm still a little disappointed, but it's okay. I'm trying to positive as there is a lot of shit going on in my life right now.

TARGET: 10 VOTES 5 COMMENTS

"What kind of help?" I asked him.

"I'm drowning in debt honey, I know it is all my fault but I need money. Or else I'm going to be homeless. I'm going to lose everything, even the house you spend your childhood in." He said being emotional.

"Oh, so you're  here because you want money?" I said being shocked and kind of disappointed. A humourless laugh left me. And he continued

"I know I've not been a great father to you. But I promise you I'm clean from the last four months I have not touched the alcohol. And I have decided not to do it in future. I know I have made some grave mistakes that cannot be undone. But now I have realised that nothing was your fault. You were just a kid, it was me who was foolish and blamed you for everything that has gone wrong in our lives." He was crying by the time he finished.

I was looking at him with tears in my eyes, this was the first time I have seen his affection towards me. As far as I can remember he was always drunk. Sometimes passed out on our porch, or couch or kitchen. He never tried to stop. But he did now. I know I have no proof that he will never touch alcohol again and honestly I have no reason to believe him. But no matter how many mistakes he has made, the fact that he's my father and I have always loved him. I've always wanted his affection since childhood.

I was looking at him with teary eyes and he started again.

"But I promise you that I'll do everything I can to make it up with you I want to be a part of your life." He ended up sobbing at last.

And that was it for me. I know that I love my father and if there's even a sliver of chance that I can have his love and affection then will take it. I moved towards him and hugged him, and he hugged me back. This made me cry hard, because it was the first time he held me with this much love. I cried for couple of minutes and he patted my back continuously it made me so happy.

"I will help you dad. How much money did you need?" I asked him as I had some savings that I made for opening the NGO that I have always dreamt of, since I cannot do it anymore I'll help him if it means that he will really treat me like his daughter.

"Right now I just need 30,000 dollars. I will pay the remaining amount by earning." He said genuinely.

"Okay! I think I can help you. I have some savings I will transfer you okay. Just don't worry we're in this together." I said with a smile.

I search through my purse and found my card which has all of my savings. I gave it to him and said " there will be around 45k in the card." There I told him the pin.

"Okay, now I must take my leave as I have a job interview. Take care baby girl." He hugged me again and left from there. I saw him leaving and I was happy it was almost like everything was going right my life. Adrian was trying his best to give this marriage a second chance and now my dad was also trying to get involved with me in a positive way.

I got back to my room and started reading a book. I didn't realise when sleep took over me.

Lucas's pov:

"Did she buy your act?" I asked the man standing in front of me.

"Yes, she did all I have to do is shed some fake tears." He said. What a stupid girl she is, thinking her father changed suddenly.

"Okay. keep your act up. Here take these 5 million dollars, you'll get the other half when I get the girl." I said and dismissed him after giving money.

Such an asshole he is. First sold his daughter to pay debts and now selling her for mere 10 million.

"I know it's going to break your heart baby girl. But believe me I'll give the worst death ever for hurting you. Because the only person who can hurt you is me." I whispered looking at her photo.

"Now, as much as I love to stare at your photo all day, I have to destroy that fucking husband of yours. But don't worry baby girl we will meet soon." After that I got back to work.

I have always despised Adrian. He was always one step ahead of me. It was my dream to rule the underworld but he took it from me. And everytime I tried to take that position from him he was one step ahead of me, a fucking perfectionist. I hated it. He never had any weakness but now he have. A really beautiful and precious weakness. And I'm going to use her to destroy him and then I'll cage her, she will be mine.

So that's all for this time. I know  it was a short chapter but there are a lot of things going on right now so forgive me for short chapters.