x. the mauraders map

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

Harry still wasn't able to go to another trip to Hogsmeade, leaving him alone in disappointment and sadness. It was the last trip before Christmas so he was extra frustrated at the situation. Even though he knew his godfather was just looking out for him, he let out a surge of annoyance towards him.

He was the only true family Harry had after all.

Despite that he decided to grab his invisibility cloak and try sneak out. He stupidly walked through the snow, leaving footprints where he was walking and was easily spotted by the Weasley twins who quickly grabbed him and pulled him into an alleyway.

"Guys let me go!" Harry says whilst struggling over their tight grip.

"Clever Harry—" Fred replies, ignoring the boys words.

"—but not clever enough" finishes George.

"besides. . we have a better way." Fred states with a small grin.

"I'm trying to get to Hogsmeade!" Harry replies still trying to escape the tight grip the boys have on him.

"We know." The twins both respond dryly.

"Don't worry, we'll get you there!" Fred continues.

"We'll show you a quicker way—"

"—If you pipe down."

"Guys let me go!" Harry grumbles.

"Now Harry. ." Fred begins waving his arms out with a dramatic expression.

"—come and join the big boys!" The twins both call out whilst pulling the cloak of the boys body.

"What are you doing?!" Harry hissed earning a shhh! from Fred.

The brunette boy gets given a piece of parchment by the twins causing him to look up at them confused, "what's this rubbish?" he states.

"what's this rubbish, he says!" Fred mocks the young boy whilst George lets out a quiet laugh causing him to scowl at them.

"That there is the secret to our success." The boy continues.

"— it's a wrench giving it to you, believe me" george adds.

"—but we've decided. . your needs are greater than ours." Fred finishes. "George, if you will." Fred asks, whilst waving his right arm at the map.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

After George said the phrase, it showed writing on the parchment— the mauraders map.

Sirius had told Harry about it causing the boy to look at it in awe, finally having it in his grasp.

"Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Paws, Padfoot and Prongs." he reads out whilst the older boys look smug, "—are proud to present the
Mauraders map."

"We owe them so much!" George comments, making Harry hold back a smile at the comment, knowing the twins would freak if they knew the boy's family was who they were raving on about.

Harry opens up the map still in shock about what it actually is. When his godfather told me he truly didn't believe they were smart enough to create something like this.

"Hang on— this is Hogwarts. . ." Harry said in awe, "— and is that really?"

"—Dumbledore." Fred interrupts.

"In his study—" George continues.

". .Pacing—"

"—Does that a lot." finishes George.

"So this map shows—" harry starts.

"—everyone." Fred responds.

"everyone?" harry repeats.

"where they are—"

"—what they are doing. ."

". .of every minute—"

"—of every day!"

"Brilliant!" Harry exclaims flashing a large smile, "where did you get it?"

"nicked it from Filch's office, of course!" Fred answers whilst crossing his arms before adding, "first year!"

"Now then, there are seven secret passageways— out of the castle," George states, "we'd recommend—"

"This one!" They both exclaim whilst pointing at the passageway.

"The one-eyed witch passageway—" Fred continues.

"— leads you to honeydukes." George adds.

"You'd best hurry, filch is on his way!" Fred states.

"Oh and don't forget. . When your done, just give it a tap and say—"

"mischief managed," they both repeat whilst George holds his wand onto the map, "otherwise anyone can read it."

Whilst looking through the map, he recognised Moony as Remus, Padfoot as Sirius, Prongs as his dad but he had never heard of Wormtail. Not a word.

With Paws they just swiftly changed the subject, which he had now just noticed.

Hmm strange.