xiii. rons latenight attack

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

The holidays were over, It was the start of January. Classes were back on and everything was back to normal.

Everything except the golden trio.

Harry and Ron had stopped talking to Hermione ever since Harry got his broom taken away. Harry had been persistent with Mcgonagall and trying to get it back atleast 20 times a day but she denies everytime.

That was until She called Harry over and told him how she will be giving it back. It really brightened up his day. After that he decided to talk to Hermione, so was Ron until something happened.

It got worse.

Ron dashed towards Harry, grinning ear from ear, "She gave it to you? Excellent! Listen, can I have a go at it? Tomorrow?"

"Yeah . . Anything—" said Harry, "You know what— we going to go make up with Hermione. . she was only trying to help."

"Yeah alright," said Ron, "she's in the common room now working — for a change."

They turned the corridor to Gryffindor Tower and saw Neville, pleading with Sir Cadogan, who seemed be refusing him entry.

"I wrote them down!" Neville was saying tearfully, "I must've dropped them somewhere!"

"A likely tale!" Sir Cadogan roared before spotting the Harry and Ron making his face soften, "good evening, my fine young magical folk! Come trap this loon in irons. He is trying to force entry to the chambers within!"

"Oh shut up!" Said Ron.

"I've lost the passwords!" Neville cried, "I made him tell me what passwords he was going to use this week, because he keeps changing them, and now I don't know what I've done with them!"

"It's okay Neville— I'm sure it's just inside." Harry says to him with a kind smile making him calm down, "Oddsbodkins." Harry says to Sir Cadogan who looked disappointed before the common room door swung open. There was a flash of excitement as Harry walked through the door.

"Where'd you get it Harry?"

"Look at his broom!"

"Have you rode it yet Harry?"

"Can I have a go?"

"You'll beat Ravenclaw 100%, they're all on Cleansweep Sevens!"

"Can I hold it?"