xii. christmas day

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

Harry ended up confronting them about what he's heard — of course he left out where he heard it because he wasn't even allowed there in the first place.

"Who really is Miralette Crouch?" Harry questions, leaving no room for denying it.

Both the men look at eachother and sigh before responding, "Crouch was a marauder, just like us, we were bestfriends," Remus states, "— some closer than others." He says whilst looking at Sirius.

"I've known Miralette the longest, we were childhood best friends before anything happened between us and we were as long as we could possibly be — we were happy."

"She's your godmother — yes." Sirius continues.

"— but you can't go after Crouch, You will only get yourself killed!" Remus adds.

"Fine— Remus when can you teach me to defend myself?" Harry answers— obviously not going to listen to his parental figures.

"After Christmas Harry." Remus replies, not looking back at Sirius, as he smiles thinly before leaving the room.

★ ★ ★

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asks Harry worriedly, he hadn't been acting normal after finding out the truth about his godmother yesterday morning.

"I'm fine." Harry said dryly.

"Listen," said Hermione, exchanging a look with Ron, "you must be really upset about what we heard yesterday but the truth is, you mustn't go do anything stupid."

"Like what." Harry says sharply, trying to control his uprising temper.

"Like trying to go after Crouch." Ron states bluntly.

"You won't, will you, Harry?" said Hermione.

"—because Crouch's not worth dying for." Ron adds.

Harry looked at them and let out a deep sigh. They just didn't understand, he thought as he turned his head around, looking back at the rising flames.

"D'you know what I see and hear every time a dementor gets too close to me?" Ron and Hermione both shake their heads, "I hear my mum screaming and pleading with Voldemort. If you'd hear your mum screaming like that, just about to be killed, you wouldn't forget that in such a hurry. If you just found out that someone who was supposed to be one of her best friends and had been the one to send Voldemort after her—"