Dance the Night Away

How did I even get into this situation?

The music starts along the moment I took his hand. 

He pulled me in like a pleasant wind and I rested my arm over his shoulder. His embrace on my hands was firm and secure, like he'd never let go. 

The music slowly played along with our footsteps.

Time seemed irrelevant as the stars twinkled on. I rested my head on his chest, unable to look him in the eyes, unable to face what might have been the most sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me...

...IS WHAT I THOUGHT WOULD HAPPEN.

Eccentric beats started pumping out with Jazz tones and I couldn't keep up. I've been fumbling my feet like a game of hopscotch! and shaking my hands like I'm drying it out in the air. When I said dancing I didn't mean--

"Just like back in the good old days!" His laughter echoed with the rhythm of the music while clicking his heels and spinning out choreographed moves with his staff. He looks over to me and saw my face in the brink of tears. This was humiliating.

His smile widens. Just as I was expecting a laugh from him, he extended his staff and suddenly my outfit changed into a (F/C) dress, designs reminiscent of the 1920s. He materialized a fur shawl and draped it over my shoulders to pull me in.

My feet started moving on their own and suddenly the music made sense to my body. He pulls me for a spin and a laugh escapes my lips. My grin grows with my confidence. I approach Alastor in an attempt to step on his feet but then he steps away. I glide in closer again, trying a second attempt but instead of pushing me away, he pulls me in closer. I lost my balance and he took the opportunity to catch me in a dip.

"Nice try, Angel." He leans on my ear before backing away.

He caught on to what I was trying to do but like that was going to stop me.  The beats started to go faster, it was if Alastor was inviting me over for a challenge. 

It's on.

------------

I find myself humming the tunes of our dances on the way back to my room. It was getting late already and I felt like I'd collapse the moment I'd fall on my bed.

Alastor walked beside me, since our rooms were just a door apart.

"What got you smiling like that, toots?" Angel Dust's voice echoes behind us as he catches my smile. "It's not because of Alastor, is it?"

Alastor's eye twitch at the sight of the spider.

"Ha." I exclaimed, "Just can't wait to go to bed."

"With who?" Angel Dust adds while eying both of us together.

I turned away trying to hide a flustered expression. "What are you even doing here Angel Dust?"
I marched away from the two and opened my door.

"Charlie told me to check up on you." He replies with a growing grin, "Don't worry about me anymore, Y/N, I've got all the updates I need." 

I entered my room and sighed but I couldn't control the smile on my face remembering the memories of the dinner and night. 

Meanwhile, outside Y/N's room, Alastor was veering over the spider with a menacing glare. Angel Dust starts sweating over his palm but kept up with a smiling facade like the Radio Freak.

"Sorry, you won't get some tonight, Al." Angel Dust notices Alastor's eyes flinch in response.

"Don't lay me down on your level." Alastor said before he dissipated with the shadows.

Angel Dust's fist balled up and cursed in the air. He sighed before composing himself and going back to his room.

-------

The next morning came and a rhythmic knock come from the door.

"Good morning, Angel!" A high-pitched radio voice came over the door.

Ever since he knew I had connections to his mother, he's been giving me the nice treatment and I can't say 'oh, I could get used to this!' because, frankly, I can only be suspicious of his intentions. He's only doing this so he could see his mother again, not because he's genuinely kind.

Which is understandable, but also sad...

I shook my head in response, as if I actually want to matter to him.

"What's the special occasion?" I open the door and Alastor stood there waiting.

"Just another wonderful morning in hell!" He says while motioning with his hands, "I'd like to walk with you to breakfast."

"...." I stared into his eyes, "What do you want?"

"Well!" He places his arms over my shoulder and drags me out of my room, "Getting straight to the point now, are we dear, but I think you know what I want."

"Hm." I sluggishly respond. He want to meet with his mother, yes, it was obvious but... "What do I get in return?"

Alastor gasps, almost comically, "Get in return? My, you have quite a cold heart." He fake wipes a tear over his eyes, "I'm hurt. Are you hindering a reunion of mother and child because you want to take advantage over me?"

"Well, doesn't that sound like your job description." I raised my brow.

"Indeed but that is my job as a demon, but you are an angel. Angels help! with the goodness of their hearts." He clutches his chest as if giving an inspiring message.

"Yes but we do abide in a golden rule. If you wanted me to help you 'with the goodness of my heart' then I expect that you also do so with other people." 

Alastor let out a disgruntled sound before letting go of me.

To be honest, I would arrange it even if he asked nicely, but I just suddenly felt bitter about it....

ARGH, now I feel bad that I feel bitter because I know how much Aria cares for her son

BUT her son is a rude prick who suddenly became nice only because I have something he wants

AND I can't believe how much I enjoyed our time together even though I know he doesn't feel the same about it. I'll be played like a fool if I care about a person who doesn't care about me.