Run

"Hurry up about it Val." A woman's voice began knocking through the door across me. "Unless you want me to leave you then you better wrap it up, now."

The door creaked open and a moth demon slowly walked out of it. "I'll be back, darlings." He looked back the group of people and blew a pink smoke towards them before closing the door.

"Okay let's go then." He began walking away with her.

"Where's Vox?" Valentino asked.

"He said he had something to do." Velvette said while being glued to her phone. "Let's just get this over with so I can get my beauty sleep."

They both entered a room and I followed behind them.

"Here, what you wanted." It was Lute. "Now, don't forget the deal we made for each other."

I could only hear the conversation, I wasn't able to see what Lute brought out to the Vees.

"Ohh, yes, beautiful." Valentino mentioned. "Don't worry, we'll keep our end, since you kept yours."

There was a closing sound of a portal before Lute's presence disappeared.

If only I could take a little peek.

I leaned in closer to the crack of the door but then a sudden force pulled me backwards. Luckily, I was able to contain myself from screaming.

"Alastor I swear to-" The figure raised me towards his direction and I found myself face to face with an unfamiliar man.

"Alastor, you say?" The TV screen laughed, almost maniacally. "And here I was wondering what kind of rat snuck in my place."

He opens the door and drags me into the room with his other 2 companions.

"Vox?! I thought you said you were busy." Velvette said before noticing me being dragged behind him. There was a white suitcase in the middle of the table and I know it had to be what Lute brought in.

"I had to cancel some plans when I saw a rat sneaking in our place." He tossed me across the room and I grunted from the fall. Suddenly I felt stupid for leaving behind my spear.

Ok here is the plan. Take suit case, jump out the window, fly out.

I jumped towards the table and was able to hug the suit case to my chest.

"This bitch." Valentino lunged towards me but I was able to dodge him.

I was already running towards the window but then wires entangled my feet and hands and I came back being dragged towards the Vees. Oh come on how many times have I been dragged already.

Valentino picked up the box that was dropped from my attempt to escape.

Velvette snapped a picture of me and laugh. "Did you really expect you can run away from us?"

Vox approached me and clutched both my cheeks. "Wait, I've seen you before." His eyes scanned over my face. "You're the angel in the hotel, and the one who Alastor brought for dinner at HellofARestaurant."

?????

Weird that he knows but okay.

"What a creep, you know about our date? Are you jealous or something?" I snapped back at him.

"So it was a fucking date?! That bitch Alastor??" He seemed really pissed off. His grip tightened on my face and I began trying to pull myself out, his fingers began digging into my face.

Damn it. If only I can reach out for my bracelet. I began reaching out for it, trying to overcome the distance between my wrist and hands. Almost there-

"Okay that, is quite enough, Vox."

A black shadowy appendage threw the TV man across the room. I had never been glad to see Alastor in front of me. I was able to press the emergency button for Charlie and Vaggie since I wasn't so sure he could stand up to 3 overlords at once.

"If that's the angel from the hotel, doesn't this make our job easier?" Velvette said and Val snickered agreeing with her.

"Alastor I will FUCKING KILL YOU." Vox started attacking Alastor with the electric wires attached behind him. It moved as quick as Alastor's black appendages and looked more scary from the electricity seeping from it.

"You have to try better than that, old pal." Alastor readied his talons, readying for a fight before he noticed a bullet razing towards Y/N. He summoned his shadowy extensions to block it but it vaporized from the shot. I tried to pull myself from the cords around me and tried to move.

Alastor was vexxed and without much time to think he came rushing in and hugged me.

Alastor took a blow on his shoulder and his blood even seeped into my clothes. I stared horrified at Valentino who was holding a gun towards us.

Is that a holy weapon?

Familiar intricate designs were carved along the edges, and of course the obnoxiously white decor. Valentino's grin widened and pressed his finger on the trigger once again.

I summoned my wings to cover me and Alastor up.

THAT FUCKING ADAM IS HE CRAZY?! GIVING A HOLY GUN TO DEMONS?? GIVING A GUN THAT CAN HURT ANGELS AS WELL?!

I held Alastor tighter around me every time my wings took a blow from the gun. Golden streams started dripping from the white feathers. I placed my hands over his shoulder to at least stop some of his bleeding.

"Don't worry, Charlie is on the way." And like some miracle, she did. My vision started to haze up once the adrenaline died down. I was scared and it was painful. Tears started escaping my eyes but at least Alastor was there and his warmth comforted me.

---------------

I found myself back at the familiar sight of my room's ceiling. I closed my eyes in relief but I could feel the pain from my wings behind me. I didn't want to look at it. I didn't want to look back and face the fact I may never even fly again.

"Y/N!" Charlie came running towards me when she saw that I was awake. I hugged her back and tapped her back. "Are you okay?" Vaggie followed up behind her.

"Thanks to you guys I am." I thanked the princess and Vaggie for rescuing us. "How is Alastor?"

"In a better state than you." Vaggie assured me. "Would you like to eat anything?"

"Then just a simple porridge please." Once they left, Alastor appeared in front of me. Bandages around his damaged shoulders and a small smile.

"...Thank you, Alastor." It was hard to say that but there were no other words more suitable to say since he did protect me from that shot.

"I suppose I have to thank you as well." He replied. "Couldn't have you die before you completed your end of the deal, now can we?"

I began to laugh. I started to accept the conditions of our relationship, as long as we can help each other out, we can get along fine. And I'm okay with that now. "How long have I been out?"

"All I can say is that your next heavenly conference is in 2 days." Alastor said.

"Then prepare to be stuffed in my luggage." I snickered.