Redemption [FINALE]

Human souls are a complicated matter. Because they were granted knowledge and free will, a human cannot be labeled as simply good or bad.

That's what their time on Earth is for. Living was a process of segregation, spawning random seeds of circumstances and determining if the totality of their deeds made them eligible for heaven or hell.

That being said, when a soul goes to either side, they become bound to that space. Meaning that their souls are all under the belt of the higher entities.

Lucifer rules over hell just as the Seraphs rule over heaven. The process of hell entering heaven and vice versa is possible. All it requires is approval from both authorities, but that was all dismissed and almost forgotten because first of all, they don't trust each other, and second of all, it's a whole lot of damn paperwork.

Lucifer came back to the hotel during Y/N's absence. He came back after negotiating with Sera (with a couple of back and forth in between urghs and hms.) about the matter of 'redemption'

It took a while for the Seraph to nod her head about it. Good thing Lucifer was a stubborn and adamant being for his daughter, he didn't back down and even presented plans and reasons as to why it is morally right to do so. And all his claims were valid, so much so Sera finally agreed to it.

Of course, there were conditions presented by Sera for this mutual agreement. 

The first condition was: Before a demon can 'redeem themselves', they will need the approval from both the Princess of Hell and a heavenly ambassador stationed in the hotel before another screening from the higher authorities.

And the second condition: Take that fucking Adam with you in hell

The second term was the reason why Lucifer took a while to come back to the hotel. It was non-negotiable apparently.

I entered the doors of the hotel once again, with my luggage on one hand and my spear on the other. I was greeted by a joyful embrace from Charlie. The princess pulled me in and told me about the good news.

Redemption is possible. Exterminations are thoroughly canceled.

"And you Y/N, officially have to power to oversee and grant redemption to sinners together with me!" Charlie exclaims.

I clapped with joy at the happy news but it started dawning on me that my position in hell was solidifying to be a more permanent role. I bite my lip in worry but then started to remember what Aria said to me.

"Congratulations, Charlie!" I smiled while rummaging through one of my bags. "Sorry I was late to inform you of my delay but I brought some sweets to share."

"YEYY! No problem Y/N. Everyone will be pleased about this!" Charlie said while rounding everyone up for the heavenly treat.

I walked back to my room and just by the halls of the corridor, I released Alastor from my bag.

"So... Did you overhear the news?" I asked.

"Quite a loud one, that princess. Of course, I did." Alastor said while fixing his bow tie.

"Do you want to be redeemed?" I asked, "I mean, I won't stop you. In fact, I'll give you my full support!" I didn't mean my sad tone.

Alastor lidded his eyes at me. "Hm," He hummed, "And leave you here by yourself? Why! I don't even want to imagine the scoldings I'd get when I knock back home without you in my arms."

I snickered before going in for a hug. "Thank you, Al." I could feel tears forming with my smile. For a moment, I thought he was going to leave me and even if he chose to, I would still give him my full support.

"Of course... Heaven can't truly be paradise without you around." He caressed my head, deep in thought. "Y/N... I-"

I look up to him, expectantly. He called my name is such a tender tone.

"I've terrorized hell for more than a few decades and I rose to my position through my own hands. In all of my time that I have spent here, I have loved no one in this burning pit... but you."

His breath quivered but moved on, "I love you, Y/N. " His hands started shaking. He felt scared of what I'd say next. "I love you so much so that I seem to have fallen into a pit deeper than the 9 circles of hell" He burrowed his head on my shoulder anticipating my response.

A part of me that I had always restrained had finally been freed from shackles. This warm feeling of solstice engulfed me and I could finally say the words that I had always wanted to say for a long time. "I love you too, Al." His eyes sparkled with happiness, "I can't explain how much you mean to me, how much I'd be willing to stay here forever as long as you're here."

He places his hand around my cheeks and wipes a tear from my eye using his thumb. "It's funny isn't it? An angel and a demon... Mischievous aren't we?" He giggled.

"Mischievous?" I repeated, "Hmm, I guess we could be." My gaze slowly traced down his lips.

"Oh?" He raises his brow with a smirk.

I grabbed his collar and narrowed the distance between our lips. He accepted it without a hint of resistance, all the while I rested my arms around his neck. I felt his heartbeat pounding from his chest and his hands that traced over my back. 

~~~~~

A/N: 

It's finally finished guys. WOHOOOO😍😍

Tying this all up with my other idea of redemption and a confession <3

Thank you for reading so far! Its kinda squished in together but ✌️✌️✌️🏃‍♂️