Life in Heaven

"THAT was the best sleep I've ever had in ages," Y/N announces with a laugh.

She didn't remember what happened after she fell asleep on Alastor's shoulder but she was pretty sure he tucked her to bed. She took note to thank him later.

"Glad to hear you had quite the rest, Angel." Alastor stood by a coffee machine. It started to grind the beans before filling up the cup.

Alastor stood there with deep eye bags underlining his eyes. His hair was ruffled up and his eyes were red (well redder than usual) like he hadn't slept a wink last night.

"Oh you look horrible, Alastor. Like you weren't able to sleep last night. " You commented.

"I'm flattered, you noticed." He took a sip from his coffee before taking a seat on the chair. Aria prepared pancakes for breakfast and laid them in front of us.

"Here you go my dearies." Aria cheerfully says. "Pancakes with butter and maple syrup."

Alastor and I thanked her before chowing down to her heavenly cooking.

"Speaking of which, Ma," Alastor calls out Aria's attention, "Did you know Y/N attempted to make pancakes for breakfast at the hotel? You should have se-"

"SHUUUUSHSHSHSSHS," I screamed in embarrassment.

"-The princess of hell had to recuperate in her room after she ate her cooking." Alastor slapped the table while laughing.

Aria burst out into laughter and held her stomach together. I blush from embarrassment.

The teasing went on before Aria snapped her finger in realization.

"Right, I have work to go to." Aria tsked. "I'll go ahead, dearies. I'll file in a long break so I can spend more time with you." She pinched Alastor's cheeks before going on her merry way.

Speaking of jobs.... OH CRAP MY MEDICAL CHECK UPS.

"Could you stay a while?" I motioned Alastor to stay, "I just need to do a quick thing for work and I'll be back in a jiffy."

Alastor hummed in discontent, "Well on your merry way then!"

I stop my tracks by the door. "By the way Alastor," I looked back at him, "Thank you for staying with me last night." I said immediately leaving.

Alastor's cheeks grew rosy. Did she pull me in on purpose so that I wouldn't be able to rest well? He covered his face with his hands. Well, two can play that game, Angel.

I went to the clinic and had my daily check-up. I didn't like the eyes that fell on my wings or the look of discomfort and pity from the doctors but, orders are orders. I can't believe I have to go through all of this for two weeks. I sighed in relief as soon as the treatment was over.

Passing through the streets of heaven, I couldn't help but window shop.

Maybe Alastor would like to try some of Heaven Pastries. 

Oh, he would love that bowtie. 

That looks like a nice restaurant he'd enjoy.

I stood in front of a clothing store. Maybe I should buy a bit of stuff for him so he can enjoy it a bit.

"Alastor." I went back home with paper bags in my left and right. So maybe my 'little bit of shopping' turned towards the wrong direction...

"Alastor I've brought you a gift." His shadowy figure swooped over in front of me. Unusually close. I laugh awkwardly before stepping back.

I handed him a pair of black trousers and a silky white blouse.

"Why!" He exclaimed. "It fits like a glove. Almost makes one wonder how you had my size taken." He mutters the last sentence with a dark grin.

"I've brought my favorite sweets from ThisBakery and some bread from ThatBakery and... " I laid out my spending spree on the table.

"I hope you enjoy your stay in heaven." I bow, mimicking a concierge.

"This is wonderful, thank you, Angel." He took a bite from the cake and I joined him. It was an unconventional and unhealthy lunch but oh well.

"This is the second to the sweetest thing I've ever tasted!" Alastor exclaims.

"Second-to?" I raised my brow, "What's the first?"

Alastor chuckles while grinning at me. "Wouldn't you like to guess?" His gaze lingered on me like he was pointing at his answer. But I wasn't going to get flustered by a simple compliment. I decided to turn some cards up.

"Of course the sweetest thing in your life is me, isn't it?" I grin in response.

Alastor shook his head, "More like the saltiest." 

"Unlike your bland ass, at least I have taste."

"Taste for overcooked pancakes and oversaturated Jambalaya." His fork clicked on the table.

"Taste for raw venison and angel meat. "

"HA! Right now I'm starting to itch for another slice of angel skin." He growled at me and I stared at him back with equal ferocity.

We held our positions to some extent before a laugh escaped both our mouths.

------

Extra:

Aria came back home with a smile plastered on her face and a bag of something on her hands.

"Good news darlings!" She exclaims, "I got 2 weeks off!" She continued, "Also... I've bought something for you Al."

Aria took out a pair of scissors and a comb. "Come sit, Al. I've got to fi- I mean, trim a bit of your hair."

"Yes Ma..."