The Vees

12 missed calls for Sera.

SHIT. Today just can't get any worse.

I come back to my room after a long ✨volunteering✨ project from the princess and now I'm hella more stressed after seeing this. 

I start ringing Sera back again with sweaty palms. I should really just start bringing this everywhere. I hope I won't get scolded.

"Apologies, Ma'am Sera." I quickly apologized the moment I connected with the call.

"Y/N, it was difficult to get a hold of you. What if it had been something dire?" She reprimanded me.

I apologized again, "This won't happen again, I promise."

"Good, because I have an urgent mission for you to do in hell." She said in a concerned tone.

"In hell?" I repeated, confused about what she would task me to do down here.

"Lute used the portal and entered hell recently." URGH Adam. "I was able to eavesdrop while she reported back to Adam. They plan a next meeting tomorrow at 2 am with a group called the Vees. Does that name ring a bell?"

"I'm not familiar, no sorry." I shook my head.

"This might sound like a daunting request in such pressing times but you have to find out what they are discussing about and report to me immediately."

HUH? How am I to find a specific group named Vees and find out where in ALL of hell they would meet up? At 2 am too?? Can't I just have a moment to rest?

"Is there perhaps more things you picked up in the conversation, Ma'am?" I asked but in dismay, she shook her head. 

"...Understood. I'll get on to it." I replied before the call ended. I glanced over the clock and sighed, it was a quarter to 8 and I had around 6 hours to figure this out.

I've been pacing around me room for quite some time. It seems that panic was still settling in.

They must be a notable group right? If Adam sent Lute down here it must be something about attacking the hotel, so I'm supposing they might be connected to strong power here in hell. Lik an overlord?

Now that I think of it. Alastor is an overlord too, maybe he would know them.  My head throbbed at the thought of Alastor, that prick always wants something in return. Good thing I have something like that. I took a deep breath and marched right in front of his door.

I knocked a few times before the door creaked open.

"What brings you here, Angel?" 

"I want to make a deal, Alastor." I immediately went straight to the point and I noticed his smile widened.

"Well, do you want to talk about it over here or come inside?" Alastor widened his door and welcomed me in. My mind went blank at the thought of entering his room. My body moved on it's own and decided to sit on one of his couches. 

Oh, this is actually quite comfy.

His room was more quaint than I thought, reminded me of a cabin in the woods. A deer head was displayed over the fireplace and red was plastered everywhere. Along the shelves, he had a variety of radios on display and a quite the collection of records.

"What was this deal you mentioned about?" He placed his hand on my shoulder and it snapped me out from whatever state I was in.

"I need help in finding a group called the Vees." When I mentioned their names, there seemed to be a crackling radio sound in the background. The annoyance in Alastor's eyes made it obvious he knew them. 

"I just need you to help me find out where they are and help me get to them, that's it." Like hell I would tell him about the meeting with Lute and the Vees. I don't trust that he'll do anything good with that.

"And if you help me," I continued, "I'll arrange a meeting with you and Aria."

"When and how?"

"Anytime you want, I'll can call-"

"Ah-ah-ah," He shook his finger in front of my face. "I don't fancy my reunion with my mother through an online session."

"I'm not going to let Aria go down here." My voice lowered. 

"Hm, yes but every month you go to heaven right? And the next one is due next week?"

...Wait, he doesn't mean me to-

"You want me to smuggle you in heaven?!" I said shaking my head.

"Those are the only terms I'll comply to, Angel." His eyes started turning black and radio dials began spinning around, "Unless, it's your soul, then-"

"No, we have a deal." I reached my hands out. A familiar green glow emanated from his touch.

"Ð̴̪̺̤͉̜̓̑́̕͠ê̴̙̲̥͓͋̎̒͗͌ͅå̶͎̝͕͑̋̋̋́ͅͅl̷̦͉̭̱̭͐͑̀̐͛"

------------

Of course a fucking porn studio, fucking Adam. If I didn't have Alastor help, I would be flipping mafia bases apart. 

"Help me get in, and just stay where you are." I whispered to Alastor.

"I could help you inside as well." He tilted his head in confusion.

"Just stay here." I adamantly said and his eyes narrowed with irritation.

It has to be at the highest floor. I mean that's typically where they are right? I mean I can't be wrong... "They are up there right?" I asked just to be sure.

"How would I know, Angel." His shadows started to clear a path for me. It almost looked like misty stairs leading down to a space deeper than hell.

"Is that safe?" I clarified with Alastor.

"Most of the time it is." He comically said. But I'm going to trust in the terms of our deal and so I walked through the phantom stairs. He's gonna get me to the Vees safely. Wait- actually we never made a deal about the safe part- My trust issues began to rise but I was already walking through the path. When I found myself in a hallway, I sighed in relief.

I had an hour to find them and camp somewhere. Alastor briefed me about who the Vees are. He wouldn't show me a photo of them though, all he told me was that they were made of 3 people: Valentine, Velvette, and Vox. One lanky moth, a bratty pigtail, and a fucking box-head-with-no-game-no-style-no-grace-no-(blah blah)

I was like, hold on a second, why does Alastor cursing doesn't sound right? Then I realized he never really does that. He must hold a grudge for the Vox guy.

Peering through the rooms, most of them were empty, except for one. There was a demon prominently sitting at the center while the others performed. Based on the description Alastor gave me, that must be Valentino.

My face scrunched up in disguise realizing what he was doing at this ungodly hour. I decided to hide across the room and wait for footsteps to start moving. All I have to do it play the waiting game, I suppose.