Here in the Garden

(A/N: Guys I just finished my entrance exam for my priority school and I kinda feel nervous because I have to go in there, no matter what. I'm kinda scared for college. For those in college, any tips for surviving there? TwT

Also I came back from a break so I'll be posting a couple of more chapters than usual<3)

~~~~

I quietly walked back to Aria's place. 

2 weeks, I thought, 2 weeks to keep him hidden in heaven

I grumbled at the thought of it. Maybe I should have lied to Sera about my injury... I knocked on Aria's door before coming in. 

"I'm home," I said, winding myself to the living room. 

Aria was on the couch, with Alastor lying on her lap. She caressed his head and was humming an old tune. Like a lightning strike of betrayal to my heart, I physically whinced. 

"Hey," I pointed out to Alastor, "That is my spot."

"I believe I was here first, even before you." He nonchalantly replied. 

"Get ooooout," I pulled his arm trying to push him out. He hissed at me. 

"Now, now," Aria smiled at the lively display, "You know what? Both of you can rest on my lap."

"Huh." Alastor and I said in unison.

So here I am, lying on one side of Aria's lap, while Alastor on the other. Aria both caressed our heads while singing. It would have been bearable for Alastor's head to touch mine, but his antlers were pricking my scalp and I swear I was this close to ripping them from his head. But I was too tired to do that and I missed moments like these with Aria. Plus, I can at least I can now say I went head on with the Radio Demon. Get it? Heh, hehe.

My eyes started to close down and I drifted to sleep. I woke up from the sound of sizzling noises from the kitchen. There was a blanket draped over me and I look across to see Alastor soundly sleeping. I don't know how he keeps his smile intact while asleep.

I slowly got up from the couch and kneeled by the sleeping Alastor. He was like a sleeping beauty, which is funny because a princess is the farthest thing to this demon. But then again, how can he be this pretty? I decided to take the moment to breathe this in before he woke up. It's not a sight you see every-

His eyes jerked open and I subconsciously screamed. WHO WAKES UP LIKE THAT?!

"I didn't know you had it in you to watch people sleep." He says while getting up.

"I was just contemplating whether or not I was going to draw on that drooling face of yours." I crossed my arms in defense and he quickly placed his hand near his mouth for any drool. In the nick of time, Aria came back and I decided that it was a perfect time to explain the extended stay in heaven.

"Anyways, speaking of which," I changed the topic, "There has been a change of plans."

Alastor's ears tilted with his head. "So apparently we can't leave for another 2 weeks." I sighed, "So until then you have to stay hidden and I'll have to stay here and keep an eye on you."

"Two more weeks with my mother?" Alastor mumbled as a wholesome smile stretched towards his eyes.

"Of course!" Aria raised her hands ecstatically after the good news, "In fact, stay as long as you like!" Then she pauses, "But I only have one spare room for use..."

"I'll take the couch." Alastor immediately responded.

---------------------

I couldn't sleep that night. I was tossing myself left and right on my bed before I decided to go out and take a deep breath of fresh air. Aria kept a little garden tucked behind her home. She always mentions how it reminded her of precious memories of her past and so I've grown to consider this place a 'comfort space' of my own.

I sat on the bench and gazed up at the sky. I sighed softly while the stars twinkled back at me.

"Couldn't sleep, Angel?" Alastor manifested beside me. I didn't flinch. I wasn't surprised about it, rather, I was longing he'd join me in my sleepless night out in the garden.

Alastor looked at me and I looked back at him. I gave him a small but genuine smile. He looked a bit taken aback and quickly averted his gaze.

"I couldn't sleep too, Angel." He continued his statement.

"Ye... Same boat I guess." I say while closing my eyes enjoying the nice breeze. "How was heaven so far?"

"More than what I'd always imagined it to be." He said softly, "This might sound ridiculous coming from me but-" He paused, "I'm starting to regret having chosen temporary pleasures over this eternal happiness."

I opened my eyes and glanced over to him. He was looking up at the sky with mixed feelings. In moments like these, I thought, comforting him wouldn't be so bad.

I wasn't good with words so I rested my head on his shoulder. He didn't push me off surprisingly. Instead, he leaned back on my head and I smiled.

"The stars in heaven share the same stars in hell." Alastor mentions, "I can't help but remember our little dinner in the forest..." He mumbled and I smiled from the memory.

He was a bit more talkative today but I didn't mind. I was rather a fan of his voice that seemed like it came out from the radio, it was like a lullaby to my ears.

"Y/N," He called out my name and I hummed in response. "From your first arrival in hell and for the days that followed. I'm... sorry, for the disrespect I'd shown you."

I could tell he was being genuine in his apology.

"I forgive you, Alastor." My eyes closed and I inched closer to his warmth. His arms were crossed with mine and it reminded me of my stuffed bear that I hug with every night. It feels like the gravity of sleep fell on me after my head cleared up a bit.

Alastor looked towards the angel that fell asleep on his shoulder. He raised his arms gently and swept his fingers through her hair. He giggled softly at the new display.

"Whatever shall I do with you, Angel..."

Maybe it was because he had finally reunited with his mother. Maybe it was because heaven had soothed his paranoia. Or maybe it was because he was finally alone with her. He felt his heart thump from his chest. He had yet to understand but he had an inkling of what this feeling was. He held her a little tighter. He'd wished this never ended.

His thoughts wandered back to the Hazbin Hotel and Charlie. He had never believed in her cause but now he desperately wants to.

------------

"Y/N hasn't returned yet and I haven't seen that smiling creep since she went off!" Vaggie circled beside Charlie's bed.

"Oh calm down Vaggie, she probably had to stay a bit longer to sort some things out." Charlie tried to calm down her partner.

"What if Y/N brought him up?" She clutched her head in panic.

"Oh come on, Y/N wouldn't do that." Charlie tried pulling Vaggie back to sleep.

"Right she wouldn't but what if he forced her to?!" Charlie sighed before she had enough. She didn't want her beloved to be found with severe eyebags the next day.

Vaggie instantly fell asleep and Charlie tucked her in. "Sorry, love, but lets talk about this tomorrow."

-----------

Alastor carried Y/N around his arms. Gently placing her back to the bed. He extended his arms to tuck her in but Y/N reached out to pull him on the bed.

She wrapped her arms around his waist and Alastor couldn't do anything but freeze awkwardly.

Actually, he could do something, but he decided to stay. Also he wasn't a fan of sleeping on the couch anyways.

But against his expectations, he couldn't sleep at all. He layed face to face against her, with his arms around her head. He softly sighed in frustration while burrowing his head against her hair.

'I've gotten weak.' He uttered in his head.

~~~~~

A/N: Welcome my people, please enjoy the non-canonical romantic Alastor that was made to heal my own heart💔💔

*Puts rose-colored glasses on* Oh shit where did he go-