9

After about 10 minutes, people were back in their seats and the movie resumed.

[INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE- LATER]

Fury gathers Tony and Steve back into the briefing room everyone there has a look as if in a daze. A look of numb shock is shown on their devasted faces.

Fury: These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them.

Fury throws Coulson's Captain America trading cards on the table towards Steve. Steve picks them up, stained with blood.

Fury: We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming. (A Beat) Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number through, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark and Agent Blood knows this, called The Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes.

Tony gets up and walks off, not wanting to hear it anymore. He wanted to check up on Nyx, his little girl who was also in this mess.

Fury: Well, it's an old fashioned notion.

Some people realized that Fury was doing this to give them motivation. A team without a purpose is nothing.

[EXT. MEADOW-DAY]

Thor walks out far into the meadow. He looks down. Mjolnir.

[INT. ABANDONED BUILDING-DAY]
Banner wakes up, in human form. He looks around and sees he is in a pile of rubble and looks up at the open ceiling he crashed in. And is completely naked. A security guard stands there, amazed.

Logan snorts quitely, "Well that's embarrassing." Nyx and Remy chuckled lightly gaining a glared from Prof. Xavier for a moment.

Security Guard: You fell out of the sky.

Banner: (Coming to) Did I hurt anybody?

Security Guard: There's nobody around here to get hurt. You did scared the hell out of some pigeons through.

Banner: Lucky.

Security Guard: Or just good aim. You were awake when you fell.

Banner: You saw?

Security Guard: The whole thing, right through the ceiling. Big and green and buck ass nude. Here...

He throws Banner a pair of big pants. Banner pulls on his pants.

Security Guard: I didn't think those would fit you until you shrunk down to a regular size fella.

Banner: Thank You.

A beat.

Security Guard: Are you an alien?

Banner: What?

Security Guard: From outer space, an alien?

Banner: No.

Security Guard: Well then, son, you've got a condition.