|nine|

"Mr. Sarim Ali, son of Ali Ahmad will you take Unaiza Farooq daughter of Farooq Gardezi as your wife with 5 lacs as Haq Mehr?"

"Wait a minute! What the hell is this?" Sarim's mother yelled.

"5 lacs as Haq Mehr? Isn't it too much?" She looked at Aqia and Tashfeen both who became alarmed at her sudden outburst. They thanked Allah that right now in the nikkah area, only the family was present.

"What do you mean? It's the security of our daughter. We are giving our precious daughter to you. And we aren't asking you to give us cash right now. It's a basic necessity of nikkah and it was decided between us," Aqia tried to reason.

Sarim's father reached near his wife and said something to her which she heard with a furious face. But soon it was decided that only one lac would be the haq mehr from both Sarim's and Unaiza's parents.

"What are you doing, Mom, Dad?" Huzaifa raised his hands in the air. "Is Unaiza's safety not important to you in front of this marriage? She is certainly not a burden on this. She can still get many nice proposals."

"Huzaifa, you can't understand the circumstances. It's not a big deal. Such kind of things are common in weddings. It's our mistake; we should have discussed this with Sarim's family before," Tashfeen told him.

"Dad is right, Huzaifa," Haider said. "Haq Mehr is something which should be decided as per what the groom can manage. Let's not make this a serious topic. The guests are already getting suspicious. Let's resume the nikkah."

Huzaifa wiggled his head in uncertainty. He still couldn't understand why this nikkah was more important than ensuring Unaiza's future.

However sitting behind the white curtains, Unaiza's hands and feet were turning cold. What was happening? And what was going to occur? As per what elders decide, now the nikkah again started.

"Unaiza Farooq, do you take Sarim Ali, son of Ali Ahmad as your husband with one lac as Haq Mehr?"

After Sarim was done with his side of the vows, the nikkahkhuwan turned towards her.

The silly girl who was crazily in love with Huzaifa was about to get shot in her heart and was going to die for forever. Her heart would also die with it. Only Sarim's wife would remain and nothing else.

"Yes, I do." She found her voice very distant when she said it three times.

At the time of her rukhsati, she met everyone emotionally. For a long time, she hugged Aqia. The woman because of who she was and what she became right now. The woman who loved her, gave her status and respect as if she were her real daughter. She would always remain gratified to him. And then her Tashfeen Papa. This man was affectionate, loving, and caring just like his wife. He never made any difference between his own children and Unaiza. He treated her on the same level as them. After meeting Tashfeen, she moved in front of Haider.

Her only one best friend. Her elder brother and her Superman. Her eyes filled with more tears looking at him. Haider smiled and patted his head.

"Always remain happy, Gurya. May you have a very blissful life ahead," he murmured as he found himself getting emotional.

When he first time saw her, she looked like a tiny, adorable, and cute doll to him. And now this doll of his was so grown up that she was a married girl now.

Ishmal hugged her tightly and gave her many prayers. But before leaving her, she took Jannat from her and cuddled her against her chest. And then her Nisha Api and Ruhaan Bhai with their three balls of fluff. When she closed her eyes by keeping her chin on Nisha's shoulder, she remembered many things from the past.