|eighteen|

Today was the second month since my fake wedding took place. That was exactly the same date. Third of April and right now, it is the third of June. Strangely, Haider Bhai was able to trace the gang involved in fraud in the name of marriage in just two months. Sarim, his supposed parents, Ruqqiya, and many more were caught red-handed by the police as they were about to trick another innocent girl and family into marriage for money. Maybe Haider Bhai became more vigilant for this gang because I was one of the victims but I was glad that he was able to punish them before they would push another girl into the verge of depression and another family bankrupt.

Ishmal Bhabi was the one who gave me this good news. She seemed so happy and I could understand that part of this was a recall of her own time when Haider Bhai punished her stepfather, that man who was set up against her by his father to humiliate her and everyone who was involved to insult her. She even hugged me and said that I should not worry anymore as my brother would take care of every injustice that happened to me.

I was indeed happy about it. One shouldn't seek to end their life but there was always a reason behind it. Sarim and his betrayal became one behind my attempt to suicide.

For me, this chapter was closed now. I would never come back to these pages which I gave space to the betrayal that happened to me. Ishmal Bhabi was right that I shouldn't worry because I had a brother like Haider Bhai.

Beep.Beep.

She stopped her fingers when her phone rang. Putting the pen on the diary, she diverted her attention back to it. A big smile struck on her lips as she peeked at the screen. There was a message from Huzaifa that he had retrieved his older sim now under his name.

"It's me, Glasses. Save my number and don't tell anyone for now."

The relief she found from this information was beyond any other feeling in this world. She thanked Allah in her heart and again prayed for his safety. Picking up the pen again, she again jotted down on the page.

I am so happy that he is fine. And the fact that he reached out to me as the first person to tell me about his safety brought puffs of happiness to my heart. Huzaifa didn't even know that how these small acts of his which he just did out of courtesy to me, did to my heart.

That night, she slept calmly with a smile on her lips. She just hoped everything would become fine for Huzaifa. And something in her knew this was what would happen. Huzaifa was very lucky to be talented, stunning, and intelligent. He wasn't like her who became anxious and feared over the difficulties in life. He could win everything in his own way.

__________________

••|Four Month Later|••