|fifty one|

"What did Huzaifa do with you?" Ishmal asked, causing her jaw to drop.

She closed her eyes momentarily to control herself. Where was stuck herself into? She knew Huzaifa loved playing mind games but they would be so apt and dangerous, she never realized.

"He did nothing to me, Bhabi," she whispered. "My dress got burnt when I was pressing it. I panicked and that's why Huzaifa lied about all this to save me. None of what he said is true."

Ishmal raised a brow at her. Who was lying here? Huzaifa or Unaiza. If a guy was saying it from his mouth that the girl he was forcefully married to wasn't his ideal type and he wanted to change her, that meant there must be some reality to it. Huzaifa wasn't the kind of guy to become satisfied by an arranged marriage like that. She had heard from Hiba before this wedding that he had a girlfriend as well who studied with him at the same university and they were even engaged too. And if one saw Unaiza's nature and the fact that she considered living here as a gratitude and favor, it wouldn't be wrong to say that she wanted to save Huzaifa here.

He was kind of her savior as because of him, she was able to live the rest of her life among this family so she might be looking out for any reason to not put a bad light on her husband. Unaiza was a nice, upright, and timid girl and she considered relationships very dear to her. This all was sustaining the fact that Huzaifa was right. He was mentally torturing her because she was helpless and wasn't the one he liked, let alone loved.

Ishmal suddenly felt bad for her. Unaiza didn't deserve this. Somehow she related this to what had happened to her back in her house in the presence of her stepfather. She forced herself to think good about him and not complain about his actions to her mother for her family's sake.

Ishmal caressed her cheek lightly. "Fine. But eat a bit."

Unaiza shook her head. "I don't want to. I need to see Huzaifa."

"He must be gone by now. You don't worry. When he comes back, then you can meet him," she persuaded her affectionately.

Of course, Ishmal knew that now the decision was more on Huzaifa's parents and Haider. They would see what they needed to do for Unaiza's safety. However she had to make sure that Unaiza would become convinced right now and focus on herself for the time being.

Unaiza became silent suddenly. Yes, he must be gone for work. In the morning he said that he had an early shoot. She ate a few bites from Ishmal's hands because somehow she wanted her to leave her room so that she could call Huzaifa by herself.

After Ishmal was gone, she tried calling Huzaifa but he wouldn't pick up. She hissed in annoyance as she threw the phone back on the bed. Suddenly tears made her eyes burn. Unaiza removed her glasses as her vision became blurry.